By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

SmokedHostage said:
supermario128 said:
SmokedHostage said:
The second fight with Noname is much easier than the second. I find it quite funny.

I'm taking a break for now but I'm up to c03 and after him..

Smeags, you're next.

So the 2nd is easier than the 2nd? That is quite funny.

The second fight with Noname was easier than the first.

Sorry.

Don't be sorry. I knew what you meant, the 2nd fight is easier for a lot of them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Well, I just beat the main game (World 8 essentially) and I have to say, the game has one of the best ending credits ever. Wish I had other players to exploit it with.

Now its off to play all the extra stuff.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Yeah, the ending credits are great. At first I didn't think you could do anything then I happened to shake the wiimote and Mario spun. So I thought you could just spin them around, then I realized you could move around and hit the names. I was like sweet! lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Just beat world 7-Castle. First time I was bribed with the Green Box of casualness. Turned it down and finally beat it.

One more world.

I like how BJr. doesn't have a wand. That is cool.

Around the Network

just beat the game, to my siblings, your fights were awesome. but dads was just plain epic. he clearly saved the best music for himself

edit: why would i need a wand, i have clown car

Monster Hunter Tri

Name: Silver

ID: 94BRVX

About the dancing goombas and turtles, they are messing me up. Over twenty years of being used to the goomba and turtle timing and as I fall in from the sky, precisely aimed to connect with their heads as they pass under, they do a little jig and throws off my timing so slightly that I end up landing right in front of them (and they attack me!). I see the dancing turtles and goombas as something more than *cute* but as their most sinister attack yet. A dancing turtle is a bigger threat to me than the Hammer Brothers are. The Hammer Brothers don’t dance and do not throw off my timing!

Although this addition fires up other possibilities. What if in Super Mario Brothers 6 you come to the first goomba but the goomba, in an evil stroke, decides to jump at you?! I’d be “WTF”, and laughing because the Goomba scared the hell out of me by doing something very non-Goomba like.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/email-super-mario-brothers-5/

A goomba that tries to jump on you would actually be kind of cool

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Just 30 days to come.... why am I crying blood?.. can't wait.. can't wait.. I'm devouring every 2d mario but I can't anymore
Question: How is it the nunchuck gameplay and... does the free play mode count the points you collected and enemies you killed like in e3

Avinash_Tyagi said:

About the dancing goombas and turtles, they are messing me up. Over twenty years of being used to the goomba and turtle timing and as I fall in from the sky, precisely aimed to connect with their heads as they pass under, they do a little jig and throws off my timing so slightly that I end up landing right in front of them (and they attack me!). I see the dancing turtles and goombas as something more than *cute* but as their most sinister attack yet. A dancing turtle is a bigger threat to me than the Hammer Brothers are. The Hammer Brothers don’t dance and do not throw off my timing!

Although this addition fires up other possibilities. What if in Super Mario Brothers 6 you come to the first goomba but the goomba, in an evil stroke, decides to jump at you?! I’d be “WTF”, and laughing because the Goomba scared the hell out of me by doing something very non-Goomba like.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/11/19/email-super-mario-brothers-5/

A goomba that tries to jump on you would actually be kind of cool

Yeah but they would have to give him some kind of device to help him jump. Maybe a wind-up boot? And if you knock him out you could jump in the boot itself! That could be so awesome. I guess it would just be too hard to implement.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

morenoingrato said:
Just 30 days to come.... why am I crying blood?.. can't wait.. can't wait.. I'm devouring every 2d mario but I can't anymore
Question: How is it the nunchuck gameplay and... does the free play mode count the points you collected and enemies you killed like in e3

I play sideways Wiimote, never tried with the nunchuk

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)