By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official New Super Mario Bros Wii Thread

So yeah I'm basically finished, haven't gotten all the Star Coins though and obviously those who know what that means know what that means ;)

New Super Mario Bros. Wii may be my favourite Mario title ever, I'm guessing that once I have time to reflect it'll end up being my 2nd favourite behind Super Mario World. I just love the flow of the game, the gameplay, the nostalgia and the new additions and the bossfights are some of the most memorable I've had in a Mario game. Certainly beat any of the 3D Mario titles. I haven't really delved into multiplayer, just a handful of levels, but it does add to the game experience in a very positive manner. 2 Players works the best when you're trying to play co-op but 4 is best for coin battle.

Having completed the game up to the end of world 8 though and I'm a little disappointed in the amount of Yoshi levels. I think they're were only 3 or 4 from memory and that's something that Super Mario World has over New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Another thing is that I died a couple of times by accidentally ground pounding a pit or lava or something but that is a complaint towards the Wii's D-Pad and not the controls of the game, I actually loved the controls and the use of motion really adds to the game. For example shaking the controller mid jump will cause Mario to spin and drift a little bit further than he would have other wise. It feels very natural, just like in Galaxy.

It's a must have game for any Wii owner and could not have been done on any other home console. I say this because the feeling of the NES controller is there only because of the design of the Wii Remote.

Around the Network

^Thanks for the sharing. Is the game that difficult?

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

dib8rman said:
Aside from the toads (which is obvious) this games only bad trait is that it doesn't know what it is exactly.

The world tries to be SMW but then tries to be SMB, it's like a mish mosh.

Variety: Spice Of Life!

I hope NSMB Wii heralds a new age of 2D gaming on the Wii, I want 2D Metroid and Zelda on the Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
I hope NSMB Wii heralds a new age of 2D gaming on the Wii, I want 2D Metroid and Zelda on the Wii

Word

On Wii and future consoles. Let 2d and 3d games coexist happily! And I don´t agree with those who say that 2d games like NSMBW should not be on retail (like IGN´s Craig Harris).

Around the Network

Dawn of the Final Day

--24 Hours Remain--

24 hours for you lucky peps, I have to wait till the 20th :(

Same here. Sometimes a week feels more like a year.

Sorry guys! At least we can all agree that Australians suck the most, and we can all point and laugh at the Japanese!

Yep. For once Japan gets the shortest stick. Mvha ha ha.