By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I pre-ordred NSMBWii and got a little surprise!

So today I stopped by my local EB Games and placed a pre-order for New Super Mario Bros. Wii and the clerk tells me that since I'm pre-ordering this game Nintendo is giving me 500 Wii points when the game releases!

Pretty neat, especially since I wasen't expecting it.

Around the Network

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?

That is pretty neat, i wonder why there's no advertisment of that pre-order bonus.

the guy said 'Bill' from Nintendo (I doubt he meant Bill Trinen) called today to let retailers know

whoa, giving away a 5 dollar game with every purchase?

Around the Network

To don't make this game front-loaded. Nintendo wants a okay release and monster legs like the DS one. Not a DQ scenario.

I wonder if the same will happen in the US -- I have had my copy on pre-order at Gamestop for a while.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I don't know how to respond to this.
For the consumer, it's a great deal, but what does this say about the business. What is the reason?

I guess I should place a pre-order for this game as well then.

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"

theprof00 said:
I don't know how to respond to this.
For the consumer, it's a great deal, but what does this say about the business. What is the reason?

Nintendo wants a lot of people to buy New Super Mario Bros Wii and possibly become introduced to the Virtual Console through it?

This could be a clever, cost-effective ploy to get people to give them more money down the road.