By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MoH2 Heroes badly beats Metroid Prime 3 in controls

LINK:

http://www.ps3center.net/story-1115-Medal-of-Honor-Is-Best-Wii-FPS-To-Date.html

ARTICLE:

According to a review put out by Matt over at IGN, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 is the best FPS yet on the Wii as it tops Metroid Prime 3 easily.

Matt stated that Medal of Honor Heroes 2 beats up on Metroid Prime 3 in every way as the game has far superior game play and other elements.

He stated that the game is the bran dnew benchmark as the controls are spot on and really make use of the Wii controller set-up for the ultimate first-person-shooter experience.

He stated on IGN the following, "On another note, I just want to put it out there: Medal of Honor Heroes 2 officially beats the pants off Metroid Prime 3 in the FPS control department. This is the new Wii benchmark, period. Not even close. Seriously. Wait until you get a load of how beautiful the controls are -- I’ll have a video for you in the near future."

OPINION:

Im not to surprised by this, MoH2H allows you to fully customize your cursor and sensitivity settings for IR control while MP3 gives you 3 to 4 options (expert, advanced, novice etc.). So eventually you'll find your sweet spot messing with the control settings, eventually giving you a much better controls than MP3.
What really interests me more is the article itself. Why is a PS3 gaming site reporting on Wii related news? Did they run out of material for PS3 or something? It strikes me as pretty dam odd for some reason.
Another thing is that Matt Cassamasena hasn't reviewd MoH2H for the Wii yet and I can't seem to find any article on IGN where this discussion took place.
I CALL SHENANIGANS!

_______________________________________________________________________________________ 

EDIT:

Thank You DKII for the link.  The true source is here in Matt's blog:

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN

Around the Network

It's in his blog.

DKII said:
It's in his blog.

*UPDATED*

thanks, I did not think of checking that. I still wonder why they didn't post thier references. 

As much as EA gets bashed they have been fairly good at producing Wii controlls in games ... Not every game is great but they have been more successful than most with games like The Godfather

Sounds good...still only a rental for me though...I've got enough WWII games to play already...I bought COD2 on Steam a long time ago and never actually finished it...and then I've also got Company of Heroes to satisfy my WWII thirst.

The online multiplayer is cool...but I don't think any game can beat TF2 at the moment.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
flamevizier_34 said:
DKII said:
It's in his blog.

*UPDATED*

thanks, I did not think of checking that. I still wonder why they didn't post thier references.

Probably because it's not an official news source or anything...it's just Matt blogging.  He is a bit more open in his blogs as well...the final word from him comes in the reviews.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sounds good. Maybe I'll buy it after all. The extremely half-assed visuals and weak textures though still point to a game being quickly ported from the PSP quickly without much other development work done.

^Are you sure you are looking at the right screens? I have seen a BIG difference between the PSP and Wii versions, even in motion.

DonWii said:
^Are you sure you are looking at the right screens? I have seen a BIG difference between the PSP and Wii versions, even in motion.

I said without much other development work done.  Not without any other development work done.  Sure, it looks better than the PSP version, but visually it looks half-assed.

naznatips said:
DonWii said:

I said without much other development work done. Not without any other development work done. Sure, it looks better than the PSP version, but visually it looks half-assed.

I have to agree with DonWii with this one. Heroes looks pretty awesome visually for a Wii game. The studio behind it looked like they put everything they had into it in the little time they had to develope it.

Even Matt comments in his hands-on with the demo, I read a long while back:

What the demo also proves beyond any doubt is that the Wii rendition is absolutely not a quick and dirty PSP port and we hope all of our readers will take notice now because, frankly, this surprisingly adept undertaking is set to blow a hole through both Call of Duty and Vanguard before it.

We're diehard Nintendo fans, just like you are, so when we first heard that Heroes 2 was coming to both Wii and PSP, we prepared for the worst. Typically, games simultaneously designed for handheld and console have a way of looking and playing exactly like one another, which never bodes well for home system owners.

Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has a clean, polished look to it and the presentation is enhanced by the smooth fluidity. Obviously, it looks better than Call of Duty 3 and largely one-ups Vanguard's visuals. The game's graphics are enhanced by a quasi-bloom effect, depth of field blurs, screen shakes, on-screen blood splatters and lighting effects that illuminate the immediate environment. The particle effects system is adequate, but not nearly as impressive as, say, Call of Duty 3's. While smoke billows from some wrecked ships, it's not nearly as realistic as the spreading mass of black air in Activision's shooter. EA Canada is smart about its priorities, though. As soon as you gun down enemies, they disappear - very likely a means to maintain the 60 frames motion, which rarely dips. Although today's screens do not reflect this truth, Heroes 2 does support both progressive scan and 16:9 widescreen modes.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/817/817116p3.html
And this isn't even the final build. Its just a demo.