By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - CALLING ALL TEKKEN 6 OWNERS! are you out there? lol

PlaystaionGamer said:
@ Selnor: mmm i trust you mate but u did say you where never a huge fan of tekken, but what you are saying about the graphics worries me, im not a graphocs whore but i want it to look good

@ Staude: thanks for taking the time to write all that man! is really helpfull! i only really want it to pick up and play but i will give the story mode a go
also what do you mean no offline co-op? so i cant play it with a mate in the same room? or is it just in story mode. If i cant play with my mates and family i 100% wont get it lol

there are so many mixed views on this game its worrying lol

I cant omment on any modes, as I havent played it long enough to dig deep. But my first impressions were is this a PS2? I am a big Soul Calibur fan and enjoy fighting games. But I was put off by the 5 or 6 fights I had on Tekken 6. At this time in the industry my money is much better spent elsewhere.

EDIT: I was considering to buy for 360. Not now.

Around the Network

Oh yeah, forgot the Scenario mode. It's okay at best, not great, to me it's just a grind to get the characters unlocked to get their endings in Story Mode.

Online mode is good but I have trouble getting on the servers all the time, whether that's me or them I don't know (I have a lot of internet issues all the time). But the one match I did play I won so (my opponent already upgraded their character with a new costume, I just kicked his ass)...not had time to do either ranking matches in online or offline mind you.

Hmm, pie.

PlaystaionGamer said:

@ Staude: thanks for taking the time to write all that man! is really helpfull! i only really want it to pick up and play but i will give the story mode a go
also what do you mean no offline co-op? so i cant play it with a mate in the same room? or is it just in story mode. If i cant play with my mates and family i 100% wont get it lol

Offline co-op for the Scenario mode, you get a partner in it but a mate in the room cannot control it. You do have the standard 2 player stuff though, so Team Battle and Vs.

Hmm, pie.

PlaystaionGamer said:
@ Selnor: mmm i trust you mate but u did say you where never a huge fan of tekken, but what you are saying about the graphics worries me, im not a graphocs whore but i want it to look good

Yeah. A lot of the negativity around this game is simply not true though, and many people base their opinion on videos and not actual experience.

To a tekken fan this game is pure awesome.

If you like the tekken story then it's even better, cause it has more story related stuff than any previous tekken games.

The offline 2player is only in the storymode. You can still play with your mate on the same ps3 in team battle/vs .. etc.

@Selnor. You are soooo often wrong about games you should just stop commenting on games you haven't played. Now I don't know if you have played tekken. But you are way wrong about the visuals. Tekken 5 was one of the best looking ps2 games and tekken 6 is a huge step up. It's as big as tekken 5 is from tekken 3. The only issue is that most chars still use the same outfits as they do in tekken 5. If they didn't I believe there would be less negative comments in this regard because some people will subconciously find it looking more like the ps2 game.

Check out my game about moles ^

Staude said:

If they didn't I believe there would be less negative comments in this regard because some people will subconciously find it looking more like the ps2 game.

This is why there is the customisation part of the game. While there have been few new costumes anyway, Jin's 3rd costumer has changed, some have a 3rd when they didn't before. And like usual, Yoshimitsu has changed completely again. But customisation allows you to change your character, even the basic main colours they have (I think, haven't properly gone through it other then for Scenario to make my characters a bit more beefy).

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
Staude said:
PlaystaionGamer said:

Yeah. A lot of the negativity around this game is simply not true though, and many people base their opinion on videos and not actual experience.

To a tekken fan this game is pure awesome.

If you like the tekken story then it's even better, cause it has more story related stuff than any previous tekken games.

The offline 2player is only in the storymode. You can still play with your mate on the same ps3 in team battle/vs .. etc.

@Selnor. You are soooo often wrong about games you should just stop commenting on games you haven't played. Now I don't know if you have played tekken. But you are way wrong about the visuals. Tekken 5 was one of the best looking ps2 games and tekken 6 is a huge step up. It's as big as tekken 5 is from tekken 3. The only issue is that most chars still use the same outfits as they do in tekken 5. If they didn't I believe there would be less negative comments in this regard because some people will subconciously find it looking more like the ps2 game.

To be honest your comment to me is detrimental. I couldn't care less for anyhting you have to say on this site anymore. As far as I'm concerned if thats the way you view peoples opinions I wont acknowledge you on here. I would never consider saying to anyone they are WRONG for their opinion. Just because it differs from mine. I NEVER comment on a game I haven't played. I admitted I didnt play it deeply, but the visuals were a HUGE disappointment to me. And honestly yes DOA4 looks better from what I played of Tekken 6 visually.

@ the fury: cheers for telling me mate! i was a little worried lol

@ staude: yeh i have played them all but to be honist i have lost track a little with the story as they have gone on and on the PSP i just didnt bother by the end. still love Tekken though

@ selnor: cheers for the help mate, im thankful for what you said but im going to buy it lol, if its crap il tell you that your right and i will be annoyed lol

cheers guys, also mind if i add you Staude & The fury? i dnt have many mates on this site...lol

I have it, I love it, graphics could be better, but hey, it's not like it was ugly...
One thing though, i have it on 360 and the d-pad is awful, it makes the game hard... with a dual shock it should be as good if not better than ever..

Listen to the voice of reason, then do as I say.

PlaystationGamer

definately rent the game before you buy it. i've loved tekken since its been out and i was very dissapointed in the game. in order to view characters endings, you have to play through this scenario mode. its the same thing as tekken force on previous games. tekken force mode was fine as an extra but as far as it being a main portion of the game, doesn't do it for me.

the load times are horrible, even when you install the game.

the online lags...really bad. apparently they are working on a patch to fix this.

as far as the graphics, it was a dissapointment to me. i'm used to tekken being one of the best looking games on whatever system i played it on. thats not the case with t6. most fighting games this gen look better than t6. i'm not saying that they didn't improve on the graphics but its not that special.

on a positive note, the gameplay is solid and the animations are smooth. I just expected more from such a great series and because we had to wait so long for this.

I tried Tekken 6 down at local game store. But I will give it a miss. Too much like Tekken 5. Buy it if you are a Tekken fan and get an Arcade controller, because the analogue controller feels awkward. Gameplay is same old Tekken style - button mashing. Not as good as the arcade version of the game - console versions never fully capture the glory of the Arcade games. The online game play has received very bad reviews, but patches should fix the problems. 7 out of 10