By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Do you think we will see a Halo 1/2/3 combo pack any time soon?

Munkeh said:
kn said:
Munkeh said:
Isn't the Halo 3 campaign essentially an HD Halo 2?

Thanks so much for your input. Troll.

That's what I read in some reviews

You read: "Halo 3 graphics is like Halo 2 in HD" , not "Halo 3 campaign is Halo 2 campaign HD"

And no, this wont become a reality until 2009 (maybe is Halo Wars does it great)

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

I think we can all agree Halo3 is not the best poly high game around, but it does have some of the best lighting in the game industry. There was some thread about this on gaf, some of the lighting pics were just amazing. But i think the only way to get high res gameplay out of Halo1 and Halo2 is to buy them on the PC.

I think a Halo pack is very likely, infact; I can't see that it won't appear! Pricewise, should the games be bundled together a year or two after Halo 3's release, it'd be my guess at around 90$.
Maybe they'll sell the books/novels along with it too? Or maybe Halo Wars? Who knows.
Neverwinter Nights, Half-Life 2, Icewind Dale, Baldur's Gate and a few other major sellers released a combined pack, but it' mostly a trend with PC games it seems.

I doubt we'll be seeing a pack-in as long as the game is doing insanely high numbers on at least the US charts, but it'll definitely get bundled up eventually. Holiday season 2008 sounds pretty realistic to me.

Wouldn't that be kind of hard since the Xbox 360 can't play Halo and Halo 2 without some very serious issues?

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Wouldn't that be kind of hard since the Xbox 360 can't play Halo and Halo 2 without some very serious issues?

You would have thought that Microsoft would have prioritised making these two backwards compatible as they are the most popuar Xbox games. If they did a pack in, then they would certainly upgrade these games so that they are 360 games. Bungie would probably give them HD graphics, and maybe fiddle with them a bit

add me

Munkeh said:
kn said:
Munkeh said:
Isn't the Halo 3 campaign essentially an HD Halo 2?

Thanks so much for your input. Troll.

That's what I read in some reviews

I have a PS3 now.  It's worse then I thought it would be...  I know why Sony fans troll...

They don't have any good games, so they surf forums on their consoles trying to get people to make the same stupid mistake they made in buying their console.  Really, I'm trying to find an epic game that I can replay forever on PS3...  Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk, Folklore, and this morning Ratchet & Clank...  None compare to the library of the 360 or Wii that I have...  And none of the games really look any better... 

Just glad I didn't have to buy it... I traded it for one of my four 360's (Because I want to get an HDMI 360)...

my xbox360 playes halo 2 just fine, haven't played 1 on it tho

Hello World

naznatips said:

What kind of issues would those be? They are both 100% backward compatible. I've played both start to finish with not a single hiccup on my 360. What is the serious issue you are referring to?

Not necessarily directed at Nazna, here, but Sony fans need to get off the crack pipe.  The 360 is backward compatible with hundreds of titles.... I believe that it is something along the lines of 75% or so but I don't know the number for sure...  I can't believe how many people I've read that have said, yeah, but MS doesn't have backward compatibility either, so what's the big deal with the 40 gig ps3?  FACT: Any 360 with a hard drive is backward compatible.  The very vast majority of the "big" titles on the original Xbox are BC on the 360.  Is that clear enough?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Munkeh said:
naznatips said:

You would have thought that Microsoft would have prioritised making these two backwards compatible as they are the most popuar Xbox games. If they did a pack in, then they would certainly upgrade these games so that they are 360 games. Bungie would probably give them HD graphics, and maybe fiddle with them a bit

Halo 1 and 2 are playable on the 360...