By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamespot:Dragon Rising gets Best score on PC,Worst on Xbox 360!

I'll be getting it on the Tripple now

Around the Network

Someone else said this game looks like an MMO without the O. The character models and both facial and character animation looks like the best 2005 had to offer.

The gamplay looks like it relay a lot on hot keying and commanding and not so much straight up action like for example Demon's Souls so I don't know why did they bother with those versions, but from the looks of it the console version looks like it gonna sell above exceptions so it's not totally a bad call on their part I guess.

Gonna get this when I finish the witcher.

As for people saying that ps3 oblivion looks or plays the same as the PC version, you are mad. Not only are the max settings on PC better than what a console can put out, there are tons of mods that improve textures even beyond that. Plus, there are a lot of mods with quests and structures that rival (or exceed) those put out by Bethseda.

This is also a game in which the PC version is FAR superior to any console version to the point that any bickering about if the 360 or ps3 version is better is just absurd. You don't need a great gpu to run this with better graphics than either system, plus there will be more mods than you can shake a stick at this will make the game even better than what is coming out of the box (or off of the DD service if thats where you got it ;)) Unless your PC is ancient, you can run this at 30+ fps.

Plus, you can get a good gaming PC for about $600 now, and it will run almost all new games at 1080p with high settings.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Yeah I'm not spending $1500+ just so I can play DA:O on PC. I'm always behind with my PC specs because gaming and multi media isn't the main reason I own a PC. And I want each of my PCs to last me several years without having to spend money on tweaking the specs for the next iteration of graphics, RAM and cpu.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

naznatips said:
Simulacrum said:
GTA 4.
And I would say Street Fighter 4,NHL games are best on consoles.

SF4 runs better on PC, as does GTAIV after patching (admittedly this took over a month), but GTAIV also has extra stuff like the movie maker tool.

But gameplay is better on consoles.Feels right.Of course you could play with Xbox controller on Pc..

But yea most of games are better on Pc.Thats why YOU NEED GAMING PC!

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network

Playing through the game... I can't even fathom how I would manage to do this with a controller. Like... damn.

MINOR SPOILER

Does anyone else think that the human origin story and The Witcher are basically the same exact story?

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

binary solo said:
Yeah I'm not spending $1500+ just so I can play DA:O on PC. I'm always behind with my PC specs because gaming and multi media isn't the main reason I own a PC. And I want each of my PCs to last me several years without having to spend money on tweaking the specs for the next iteration of graphics, RAM and cpu.

My PC, graphics card and all, cost me a total of $500 two and a half years ago and easily plays Dragon Age on max settings with 40+ fps.

yea i'm not sure what people are bitching about graphics on this thing. I only played mass effect on console, so maybe on pc the graphics are better than this on pc. But dragon age character models and environment look way way way better than mass effect. Wel character models look better, and voice acting better.

but the huge difference so far is the envrironment. Mass effect besides the main huge area all theplaces you went looked like the same damn place. they din't have much originality. I don't know how dragon age looks on consoles, and not gonna judge on video online. things always look different on tv playing, so maybe it is worse and bland. Caue i have put graphics on super low on pc for shits and it dose take away a ton of detail and facial things like lines, stubble becomes just a blur, and so on.

but regardless of max or low, the game still looks beatiful and is great fun to play. though don't expect it to be like god of war and you can run into room and kill 50 guys easily. if your outnumbered 2:1 expect a really really tough fight.

360 maxed out konfirmed!!!!!!!

But I wonder, since Pc version is so much better (well not so much but gameplay on Pc fits better for these games), do you feel little sad when buying it to PS3/Xbox 360?
I feel like I need to get new comp and then buy it.

Take my love, take my land..