By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone actually think the Natal is gonna be a success?

austin2359 said:
I don't think Natal will prevent the ps3 from overtaking the 360.

It won't be a silver bullet. It may be a smaller success.

You sound pretty sure of that considering the 360 has yet to respond to Sony's price drop. MS is enjoying profits at the time.

Either way, I can't imagine the Natal having a big impact unless its bundled with every console.

Around the Network
Boneitis said:
austin2359 said:
I don't think Natal will prevent the ps3 from overtaking the 360.

It won't be a silver bullet. It may be a smaller success.

You sound pretty sure of that considering the 360 has yet to respond to Sony's price drop. MS is enjoying profits at the time.

Either way, I can't imagine the Natal having a big impact unless its bundled with every console.

I don't have time right now to look up some links for you but from what I recall some higher ups at Microsoft said it would be bundled with every new 360.  

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

I'm looking forward to using it..especially for RPGs where i can move through inventories and menus with natal.

Yes, The media love it and the competition fear it.

Of course we know next to nothing about Natal so everything is speculation some more educated than others.

Just some reasons it may succeed or fail without even mentioning the fact that it may not even be able to do everything that we have been given to believe it can do.

* Cost to existing userbase
* Extensive Software support
* Must have software
* Integration into future models

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

I told my mom about Natal a few days after we got the Wii, her reaction was something like - "You see, theres something better", of course shes does that to me all the time when I buy things she thinks is a waste, but I swear her Wii playtime is more than mine right now.

When Natal launches I'll ask her again what she thinks, I bet even she will ask, what type of games does it have?

Things like yoga and aerobics / workouts would be fantastic on Natal. Master Chief acting as your yoga instructor would be sweet hah, which also brings up the point, MS devs like making violent shooter games, are they even capable of creating the sun-shiney feel of Wii Sports Resort? We'll shall see.

Around the Network

I'm really not sure. I think it will do okay in US if they assimilate it to some key titles, but I really don't know. The damn thing is so hard to judge. If I look at past EyeToy performance as evidence then I say it'll make no difference to market, if I look at Wii then it might.

This one I'm just going to wait and see what happens rather than guess.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

No, I don't think it will sell a huge number of units (I would be surprised if it passed 2M) given that I expect it to launch at a high price and not be hugely well supported. However it will act very well as what I think Microsoft wants it to be - a way of lowering manufacturing costs and testing out designs for the next generation.

Basically whatever goes wrong with Natal they will try and fix for the next Xbox.

The great thing about Natal is, that it is exclusive to the Xbox360 and it is one of a kind. There is nothing like this on the market. So every developer making a game for Natal is creating a Xbox360 exclusive game. People get excited about the few 3rd party exclusives this gen, what do you think Natal could do?Look, here are the developers working on one or more games for Natal:

• Namco Bandai
  • Bethesda
  • Activision Blizzard
  • Capcom
  • Disney Interactive
  • Electronic Arts
  • Konami (Kojima)
  • MTV Games
  • Sega
  • Square Enix
  • Ubisoft
  • THQ
  • (Rare)
  • (Lionhead)
  • (Microsoft Game Studios)
You see how big this could be? All these companies are currently working on a Xbox360 exclusive game.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

@DirtyP2002. Not necessarily, Natal support doesn't mean Natal exclusive. Kind of like how not every game that uses the balance board requires the balance board.

I will FAIL