By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Anyone actually think the Natal is gonna be a success?

If Microsoft can channel the media hype and frenzy that caused the Wii to be such a success.

I'm a filmmaker, writer, and gamer. Add me on Xbox Live or message me!

XBL Gamertag: StraitupBeastin

Around the Network

probably not

I regret making this my username, I made this name when I was 13 years old

Life could always get worse, you could be a mod for Neogaf

It all depends on the games. Without any "blue ocean" games, it won't reach out to blue ocean gamers.

pick a day and flip a coin for my opinion. i need to see some actual games running on it not just demos before i can really form an opinion...but that won't come until next year most likely.

The current audience will probably accept it, but it won't move hardware.

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Well what is a success for you? I think Natal might make it past 10 million. Is this a success?

10 million would be a success ofcourse. Even a couple million wouldn't be bad. Assuming none of that is bundled.

Basically I'm wondering do people think it'll have a big impact through out the life of the 360. Or just come and go.

Alterego-X said:
The current audience will probably accept it, but it won't move hardware.

Well if its bundled and comes with some WiiSports type software. It'll definitely help move hardware. But I doubt people will want to buy a console and additional accessories.

Boneitis said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Well what is a success for you? I think Natal might make it past 10 million. Is this a success?

10 million would be a success ofcourse. Even a couple million wouldn't be bad. Assuming none of that is bundled.

Basically I'm wondering do people think it'll have a big impact through out the life of the 360. Or just come and go.

It will carry the Xbox360 for two years. In 2012 we will see the Xbox 3. 7 years is long enough for a console.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

I say no becaust MS's first party Dev's are weaker then say Nintendo and you need that support when you're trying to convince people to buy an Add-on.

Good point. Wii would not have succeed without good launch software.

I know there is a lot of shovelware on the wii, but Nintendo has made top quality first party software. They just stalled a bit.

All Depends on if the games are good. If you build them, they will come...