By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu scores are out, Super Mario Galaxy OFFICIALLY reviewed

Wind Waker is Awsome much better than TP but worse then OoT.

And 38 is an good game the reason they probely did not rate it 40 is probely they didn't feel the Special Touch wich you can't explain why but it has a it it just have's it.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

Around the Network

I am a huge Zelda fan, but wind waker should not be ranked as a perfect game...

Also, certain Mario games don't need reviews. We already know this game is going to be great.

euclid said:
I am a huge Zelda fan, but wind waker should not be ranked as a perfect game...

Also, certain Mario games don't need reviews. We already know this game is going to be great.

Exactly what I mean ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

konnichiwa said:
flamevizier_34 said:
*looks at score*

*loads gun with 2 bullets*

*gets on raft to Japan*

*Ends up in Mexico*

:P Maybe If i just sent hate mail, yea i think that would be easier lol.

*thinks for a second*

*builds another raft* 

maybe I'm missing something here, but how is 38/40 a bad score?

how can any mario fan not be happy with that? 

Around the Network
Wolfenstein said:

Meh.

I disagree. For me it's TP = TWW > OoT

OoT is very outdated and overrated. 

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

NintendoTogepi said:
Wolfenstein said:

Meh.

I disagree. For me it's TP = TWW > OoT

OoT is very outdated and overrated.

LttP eats all three of those games alive, even today.

I am getting this game regardless of scores (obviously), but I was really hoping for a 40/40. But a 38/40 is great so I'm happy :)

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

What's 'AC'?

@choirsoftheeye - Yeah, LttP is a gem, no doubt. It's essentially the basis from which all other Zelda games were constructed. Preferring one Zelda over another after LttP is greatly a matter of preference. For instance, if you love exploring a huge world via water and long for the open seas, then WW is probably gonna rank high with you (I fall into that category... but then again I fall into most categories; I tend to appreciate most settings/gameplay concepts). If you like being a wolf, you'll probably dig TP; and if you like... er... growing up and becoming an adult... then you'll like OoT... and should probably stop picking your nose; you're a big boy now.

About the SMG score, I'm with areseris (woohoo to your avatar, btw!); 38/40 a bad score does not make. And it's one reviewer... and it's his (dare I say it) *OPINION*. Some measures of a game can be applied more or less universally, but in most cases personal preference is a big part of a given review. With that in mind, if there's a game I'm interested in from the get-go, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than a 38/40 to scare me away (or a hell of a lot less, you could also say).

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.