By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Famitsu scores are out, Super Mario Galaxy OFFICIALLY reviewed

The last high score they gave out, to my recollection, was a 10 10 10 9 for Phantom Hourglass.

Around the Network

@ Rath

Yeah, neither am I, they gave CC: FFVII a 35/40 I think. That seems too low for me

I really really don't understand why people give Famitsu any credit as a review source. Don't get me wrong, that's a great average (9.5), and I expect Mario Galaxy deserves a score that high, but seriously Famitsu reviews every big game that high. Someone show me a hyped game that ever got lower than an 8 average from a Famitsu review. Even garbage like Lair gets good reviews from them based on hype and company. They are the Play Magazine of Japan.

konnichiwa said:
Rath said:
Lower than I thought for being from Famitsu.

Not really a huge fan of famitsu scores to be honest

95/100 is pretty high though =/.

Yeah I know. My problem with Famitsu is that they rank all games high and excellent games at about the right amount. There isnt enough variation in the scores, I think its because they have four reviewers.

konnichiwa said:
Rath said:
Lower than I thought for being from Famitsu.

Not really a huge fan of famitsu scores to be honest

95/100 is pretty high though =/.

Not on a scale of 95-100 that an AAAA class game is based on. It's pretty much scraping the bottom of the "Completely Genius, Wonderfull and ground breaking"  category.

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I really really don't understand why people give Famitsu any credit as a review source. Don't get me wrong, that's a great average (9.5), and I expect Mario Galaxy deserves a score that high, but seriously Famitsu reviews every big game that high. Someone show me a hyped game that ever got lower than an 8 average from a Famitsu review. Even garbage like Lair gets good reviews from them based on hype and company. They are the Play Magazine of Japan.

Warhawk =/?

IGN is the official review for me...

But i can't wait to see Gamespot's review, just for laugh...

Gamertag : Dark Red Icarus  

Gamerscore : 29000!!!! still growing

PSN ID : Gamer9851

Now Playing : Soul Calibur 4 and World of Warcraft

Does this mean other review sites are about to release as well?

Please say yes =P

AAAA??!?!?!?!??!

WE'VE FOUND A NEW A EVERYONE.

HOLD YOUR HATS, THIS IS GONNA BE WILD.

naznatips said:

Well, I don't follow Famitsu closely. I just followed the hype, I guess.

I'll serve myself crow for saying that they don't throw high scores around.