By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bayonetta PS3 vs 360 performance data revealed

Bayonetta Courtesy of Sega

There have been numerous video comparisons of Bayonetta PS3 vs Xbox 360. To the naked eye, one can tell the difference between the lighting of the game, some texture problems, and which version appears to running at a smoother framerate. In each and every category, the Xbox 360 is the clear winner. With the game clearly designed for Microsoft's machine, Platinum Games specifically designed Bayonetta to run on the Xbox 360 hardware -- not the PlayStation 3 hardware. A technical comparison has been conducted which shows clear evidence of how the game stacks up on each console, respectively. Judging the performance on framerate alone, the data reveals a clear, and expected, winner.

Bayonetta PS3 vs Xbox 360 Framerate Analysis. Courtesy of Blogpark.JP

As you can tell, the Xbox 360 version runs at a consistent 52 frames, while the PS3 stays around 30 frames throughout the game. The Xbox 360 version does dip into the mid-30's several times, while the PS3 falls into the mid-20's.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-12218-Providence-Video-Game-Examiner~y2009m11d1-Bayonetta-PS3-vs-360-performance-data-revealed

Around the Network

Yeah, everything I've seen indicates this isn't the best port in the world, although to be fair all the evidence suggests that porting 360 specific code to PS3 isn't something you want to be doing anyway.

I really don't understand why a game developed for one console specifically isn't just made an exclusive vs a weak port - alternatively if you really want to go multi-platform then don't code specifically for one console, either code for both or go the route of coding for PS3 then porting (as the evidence suggests you get far better results porting PS3 code to 360 than vice versa).

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

thats sloppy code for ya

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Actually, honestly, I would rather have something that stays at a fairly consistent 30 rather than something that wildly moves from 30 to 60.

@Twesterm

Really? I'd take 30-60 over consistent 30 anyday.

Around the Network

Sloppy, lazy developing. This should have been an exclusive if porting was going to be this bad. The differences are enormous.

I hear Dragon Age isn't so hot on the PS3 either. Sucks that this is still happening with some games.

twesterm said:
Actually, honestly, I would rather have something that stays at a fairly consistent 30 rather than something that wildly moves from 30 to 60.

I agree if it is actually locked at 30 for the most part.  Doesn't seem great for either version here.

It's a crime against humanity to mess up the PS3 version in this way. Oh well, my goal is to have a 360 by the time Bayonetta is released, so I can get the "superior" version.
I hope though that the differences won't become a deal breaker for PS3 owners, because I want Bayonetta to sell!

Yup this is why most or all multi plats belong on my 360