By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Red Dead Redemption Thread

So, because I have so much to do, I was going through the upcoming releases on GAME.co.uk and came across a RDR Limited Edition, no details of what it will contain, but it is currently only listed on PS3 and as it is only £5 more that the standard edition, I wouldn't expect anything amazing... like a lasoo or cowboy outfit

http://www.game.co.uk/Games/PlayStation-3/Red-Dead-Redemption-Limited-Edition/~r346561/

ALSO, on the R* website, there is a complete list of the pre-order bonuses. Personally I am most interested in the War Horse, but the above details might mean that I go for the Deadly Assassin outfit

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/preorder/

Around the Network

Why are so few people excited about this game!!!!

Anyway, GAME have updated their Limited Editions (now for both consoles) and this is what you get:

This all-inclusive Limited Edition for Red Dead Redemption features the full game, The Deadly Assassin Outfit, the Golden Gun Weapon pack, the War Horse and the originally scored soundtrack from the game.

Limited Edition Contents:

• THE RED DEAD REDEMPTION GAME
  • THE DEADLY ASSASSIN OUTFIT: John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.
  • THE WAR HORSE: There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.
  • THE GOLDEN GUNS WEAPON PACK: The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.

So, that doesn't really seem worth an extra £10, 3 of the pre-order bonuses and then the OST

looks so fun

Chairman-Mao said:
looks so fun

Good, we need more enthusiasm for this game!

Munkeh111 said:
Chairman-Mao said:
looks so fun

Good, we need more enthusiasm for this game!

Yeah I don't know why on this site there's no hype for it. I'm pretty sure Gametrailers put it in their top 10 most anticipated 2010 games and other sites have done the same.

Around the Network

Just read the feature in Edge magazine. It claims there will be a bigger playing area than San Andreas! I find that hard to believe but if that's true this could be game of the generation.

I wonder why they decided to push back the date by 3 weeks...hmm, they also pushed back Mafia 2.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

placidcasual said:

Just read the feature in Edge magazine. It claims there will be a bigger playing area than San Andreas! I find that hard to believe but if that's true this could be game of the generation.

Wow...that's awesome, if you could find the article, that'd be appreciated. I hope this doesn't fall under the radar, it's shaping up to be among one of the most innovative games this generation.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

They delayed the game?????????????????

May 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like crying!

www.jamesvandermemes.com

So annoying they pushed it back!!!! But I suppose it is better to wait until they have fully polished it

But that time is so annoying, it is a week before my exams