By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Red Dead Redemption Thread

Munkeh111 said:
So annoying they pushed it back!!!! But I suppose it is better to wait until they have fully polished it

But that time is so annoying, it is a week before my exams

But they are delaying for business reasons alone. Apparently, they are doing really well this quarter and so they pushed RDR to the next one.

Also, they get to promote it more.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Around the Network
marciosmg said:
Munkeh111 said:
So annoying they pushed it back!!!! But I suppose it is better to wait until they have fully polished it

But they are delaying for business reasons alone. Apparently, they are doing really well this quarter and so they pushed RDR to the next one.

If it were merely busniness reasons, then they would release it the next week wouldn't they? I think it does need a little more polishing probably, some previews said that the framerate was a little clippy in places

Munkeh111 said:
marciosmg said:
Munkeh111 said:

If it were merely busniness reasons, then they would release it the next week wouldn't they? I think it does need a little more polishing probably, some previews said that the framerate was a little clippy in places

Yea, im going with the polish idea. With so much going on i'm sure it could get a little choopy at times, but hopefully all that will be ironed out by time of release. Besides, like marcio said, this game needs more hype. The community is serisouly underestimating this title.

Follow Me: twitter.com/alkamiststar

Watch Me: youtube.com/alkamiststar

Play Along: XBL & SEN : AlkamistStar

AlkamistStar said:
Munkeh111 said:
marciosmg said:
Munkeh111 said:

Yea, im going with the polish idea. With so much going on i'm sure it could get a little choopy at times, but hopefully all that will be ironed out by time of release. Besides, like marcio said, this game needs more hype. The community is serisouly underestimating this title.

I got what I said from Joystiq. Apparently, the new quarter for them starts at May 1. Now, why they chose May 18 but not 11 or 3 probably has to do with logistics.

In fact, the official reason given by Take-Two's CEO is that its solely for marketing.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

ooo i wanna go hunting!

Around the Network

This game will be huge. It looks like a Rockstar AAA game. The Houser Bros. are involved with the story so it should be good.

AlkamistStar said:
placidcasual said:

Just read the feature in Edge magazine. It claims there will be a bigger playing area than San Andreas! I find that hard to believe but if that's true this could be game of the generation.

Wow...that's awesome, if you could find the article, that'd be appreciated. I hope this doesn't fall under the radar, it's shaping up to be among one of the most innovative games this generation.

Can't find the Edge article online but it really does look awesome.

The San Andreas claim is also made here:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/12/15/red-dead-redemption-is-basically-grand-theft-horseand-thats-a-good-thing/

I found out a new gameplay video is coming on March 16th (Tuesday). It will be called "Life in the West".

Im so excited.

PS - I though the next one would be about multiplayer but according to the RDR this one wont be. Strange. Do you think they are having problems with it?

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Great thread can't wait to get this first week.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

New video - Life in the West:

Simply awesome!!!

www.jamesvandermemes.com