By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - How much money could Sony make from Gran Turismo 5?

Cheebee said:
JerCotter7 said:
Cheebee said:
Although it's sure to make tons of money, I think it's daft to say everything Sony will make from it the day the game comes out will be pure profits, like some people here have suggested.

So you think GT5:P hasn't covered the costs of development?

I'm just saying that there will be major costs involved with tons of things apart from just the development costs. Advertising, to name one thing. This game will be advertised like crazy, worldwide. That alone will cost tens of millions.

I don't think this is the type of game that has to be advertised much in Europe anyway. Top Gear will advertise it a lot because of the top gear test track in the game. Also the general media in Europe just goes crazy for GT anyway. Can't say for NA or Japan.

Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter
Totally irrelevant.We are comparing this gen to last gen. When did i compare GT3 to GT4?

You were comparing userbases. I am also comparing userbases. 

I was explaining how a change in userbase explains the differences in sales between possible GT5 sales and GT3 etc. You are just talking nonsense, please stop.

headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter
Totally irrelevant.We are comparing this gen to last gen. When did i compare GT3 to GT4?

I was explaining how a change in userbase explains the differences in sales between possible GT5 sales and GT3 etc. You are just talking nonsense, please stop.

I was just explaining how a change in userbase DOESN'T explain the differences in sales between GT4 sales and GT3 etc. You are just talking nonsense, please stop.

JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter

I was just explaining how a change in userbase DOESN'T explain the differences in sales between GT4 sales and GT3 etc. You are just talking nonsense, please stop.

Firstly, you compared GT4 to GT3. We are not talking about this, and the thread is not about this directly or indirectly. Secondly, a change in userbase WILL affect sales of a game, please get that into your head. Thirdly, stop copying my style of arguement, as you are just making yourself look silly. OK?

headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter

Firstly, you compared GT4 to GT3. We are not talking about this, and the thread is not about this directly or indirectly. Secondly, a change in userbase WILL affect sales of a game, please get that into your head. Thirdly, stop copying my style of arguement, as you are just making yourself look silly. OK?

I'm not copying anything. I am just showing the flaws in your argument. Somehow you can't get that into your head. And if a change in userbase affects sales so much why did GT4 sell less than GT3. Now stop getting mad because you can't get your point across because it is wrong. Bye. ;)

Around the Network
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter

I'm not copying anything. I am just showing the flaws in your argument. Somehow you can't get that into your head. And if a change in userbase affects sales so much why did GT4 sell less than GT3. Now stop getting mad because you can't get your point across because it is wrong. Bye. ;)

We are talking about the ps3 userbase to the ps2 userbase. You started this by comparing a ps2 game to a ps2 game. We are NOT talking about this. Please start talking about relevant points and calm down before your head explodes... Jeez

headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter

We are talking about the ps3 userbase to the ps2 userbase. You started this by comparing a ps2 game to a ps2 game. We are NOT talking about this. Please start talking about relevant points and calm down before your head explodes... Jeez

Exactly. We are comparing a smaller userbase to a bigger userbase. Yet the smaller userbase sold more games. Haha how don't you get that. 

headshot91 said:

No, if you want to be like that, I didn't bring up halo, xoj did...

Also, do you have a time machine? How do you know it will sell 9 million or more? You are comparing GT3 and 4 with a console userbase of 133 million with one of 26 million. GTA is a bigger series on ps2 than GT- san andreas etc- and its sequel, arguably one of the most hyped games this gen, has sold 5.9 million.The PS3's highest selling game. So youre saying a minimum of 8 million? Nope.

You do realize that when GT3 released the PS2 was only at 12M?  And it sold amost 15M.  When GT5 released there will be over 30M PS3s  So your userbase arguement doesnt hold any water. 

Millions. Not billions though.

JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
JerCotter7 said:
headshot91 said:
@Jercotter

Exactly. We are comparing a smaller userbase to a bigger userbase. Yet the smaller userbase sold more games. Haha how don't you get that. 

Ok, I'm going to say this very slowly, so you can understand.

Your second sentence doesn't make sense, smaller userbase sold more games? GT sold more on ps2,

Ready? Ok. same with vetteman. Gt3 launched when the ps2 userbase was smaller than the ps3's. Of course that is correct. It is a fact. However, over the next 4 years the ps2 sold an additional 120 million consoles. The ps3 has sold less than a quarter of this. GT3 and GT4  had good legs because of the ps2s huge userbase.Getting back to the minimum GT5 sales, which this debate is all about, I said a minimum of 8 million is ludicrous, yet many people think otherwise? That is where you are not getting it. I am saying GT5 will sell less than GT3/GT4. YOU see?