By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Smashes Mass Banhammer on Pirates

Dark Chaos said:
chocoloco said:
FKNetwork said:
Dark Chaos said:

Judging by these numbers I think its safe to say that this is big problem and only getting bigger. I am guessing theres atleast 2 million modded 360s out there. I know alot of stores that flash 360s and have their own site. Many people I know don't get banned if they are careful and these sprees just take out the careless modders that usually just sell their banned 360s and get a new one.

Totally agree Dark Chaos,

These ban waves just bring it to reality that this "problem" is real, the xbox flashing scene is HUGE and I mean HUGE, it's estimated that over 20% of all 360's out in the wild are flashed to play "illegal" games.

Very true a friend of mine who was just banned had a new 360 waiting. He just buys a 360 takes the hardware out of the shell puts it in the new shell, brings back the ruined 360. And flashes again with a new 360 with new programs to prevent detection. Its a continual cyle that is so easy to do. Especially to rip off a new 360.

I honestly believe this one of the big selling points for the 360. Many ppl I know only bought a 360 due to the fact that it could be moddable. MS can't stop this problem but atleast they are trying. While the 360 modding scene is now where as bad as the PS2 its still causing a lot of lost software sales. This is more evident with software sales in others where the PS3 now is close or outselling multiplats even though the sales diff is 1million.

Yeah, I had a friend who did that.  Bought a 360 just so he could hook it up to his HD TV and play movies.  Guy doesn't even like videogames outside of like... Madden.

Weird shit people do.

Around the Network
FKNetwork said:
themanwithnoname said:
On a side note, update your games collection, FKNetwork, I wanna see what you got!

Tell me how and I will do it! i tried to find it on here before but dunno where it is? and how do you add the icons under your name? the 360, ps3 ones?

Look up the games you have in the database and on each game's profile it'll have a little box called "Community Stats" a little way down on the left side where you can add games to your collection. You'll get the icons once you start adding stuff.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

FKNetwork said:
themanwithnoname said:
On a side note, update your games collection, FKNetwork, I wanna see what you got!

Tell me how and I will do it! i tried to find it on here before but dunno where it is? and how do you add the icons under your name? the 360, ps3 ones?

just look up games you own in the game database.  Once you are on the games page, there is a link on the left side of the screen to add that game to you collection.  The icons show up based on the games in your collection, so just add them and the icons automatically appear.  

Just in time for the holiday sales.

@themanwithnoname & @gergroy
Thanks! I have started adding my games collection for the 360 (not even 25% done yet lol), ps3 and wii, take a look but there are a few games I can't add yet as not in the database (modern warfare 2 for example)

Around the Network

lol FKN do you have like every racing game that released for the 360? ;)

FKN whats your gamertag?

elticker said:
FKN whats your gamertag?

LOL, so you can report me for being "ye old pirate"

Lafiel said:
lol FKN do you have like every racing game that released for the 360? ;)

My favorite games are racing so yeah, I do have most of them,

UPDATE:

Another large ban wave has began in the UK and E.U, also hitting a 2nd time in the US and Canada, and all my consoles are still fine lol