By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Live Smashes Mass Banhammer on Pirates

elticker said:
Vashyo said:
hahahahah, I bet lot of people were pleasantly suprised when they turned their 360 on. :D

lol

Double LOL!!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

well at least some action has been taken against the pirates

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

kowenicki said:
hatmoza said:
I personally think this is bullshit. If you're going to punish a handful of people for a crime you don't hand pick a few people out of the damn crowd and claim your doing something good.

Yeah ... unless you cant catch all the arsonists out there, let the other arsonists carry on burning peoples houses down.....!?!?

Or.. more sensibly.. deal with them as and when you catch them at it.

...............When it comes to people burning houses down and lives being lost it's a whole different story.

But let be a little more realistic than you and say, if Microsoft can catch this so called "small %" of people, I'm sure they have the power and capabilities to catch the rest of them, or at least most of them.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

FKNetwork said:
binary solo said:
Is the 360 that badly designed that is regularly ruins discs? I have never...never heard of or experienced disc damage caused by the device. And that's DVD players, PCs, CD players, PS, PS2, XB1. But all of a sudden 360 causes all manner of disc damage that necessitates the widespread modding of the console to preserve original game discs in playable condition. All sounds rather unlikely.

Believe it or not yes, they are known to damage discs but i'm also talking about discs in general, most of my discs end up getting damaged if i forget to put them back in the case or they fall on the floor, even when I clean them I sometimes end up marking them, my retail COD 4 disc no longer even loads as it is marked badly, if i want a replacement from MS it will cost me £22.50 if i send the damaged one back!

And yeah, I know a LOT of people only flash 360's to play pirate games but there are also a lot of people that do only flash them to play backups of games they actually own, look on xbox-scene for example, they don't allow any talk of piracy and 80% of members there only flash their 360's for LEGAL purposes, hard to believe I know but it does happen!

What?  Stop lying.  I was willing to entertain that you could possibly be telling the truth in your previous post but now you're just majorly stretching the truth.

The 360 *can* damage discs if you move the console while the disc is in the drive.  So unless you turn your 360 on and then just start carrying it around the house in which case you're an idiot (which I don't think you are), I just don't believe you.

Sorry, but you again fit into the bullshit artist pirate.  You can rant and rant how you're an honest pirate and just playing back ups because somehow your 360 and all your friends 360's break discs like crazy but I just won't believe you.

twesterm said:
FKNetwork said:
binary solo said:
Is the 360 that badly designed that is regularly ruins discs? I have never...never heard of or experienced disc damage caused by the device. And that's DVD players, PCs, CD players, PS, PS2, XB1. But all of a sudden 360 causes all manner of disc damage that necessitates the widespread modding of the console to preserve original game discs in playable condition. All sounds rather unlikely.

Believe it or not yes, they are known to damage discs but i'm also talking about discs in general, most of my discs end up getting damaged if i forget to put them back in the case or they fall on the floor, even when I clean them I sometimes end up marking them, my retail COD 4 disc no longer even loads as it is marked badly, if i want a replacement from MS it will cost me £22.50 if i send the damaged one back!

And yeah, I know a LOT of people only flash 360's to play pirate games but there are also a lot of people that do only flash them to play backups of games they actually own, look on xbox-scene for example, they don't allow any talk of piracy and 80% of members there only flash their 360's for LEGAL purposes, hard to believe I know but it does happen!

What?  Stop lying.  I was willing to entertain that you could possibly be telling the truth in your previous post but now you're just majorly stretching the truth.

The 360 *can* damage discs if you move the console while the disc is in the drive.  So unless you turn your 360 on and then just start carrying it around the house in which case you're an idiot (which I don't think you are), I just don't believe you.

Sorry, but you again fit into the bullshit artist pirate.  You can rant and rant how you're an honest pirate and just playing back ups because somehow your 360 and all your friends 360's break discs like crazy but I just won't believe you.

Didn't Mircosoft admit that the 360 stretched up discs? Even older PC  drives was bad of stretching up disc when they are spend so fast. The problem effected X360 more than PC for because 360 constantly spending the disk up to x12 while with the PC a program only read the disc for it's copy protected while run the game on the HDD.

Around the Network

I loves when cheaters/pirates get banned. Good stuff.

twesterm said:
FKNetwork said:
binary solo said:

I have to agree with Twestern on this...

Stop writing a 2 pages dissertation on trying to explain why you modded your console dude, because frankly I don't think anyone believe that lame excuse...........

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

"Tilting or moving consoles with these drives, when operating with a disc spinning inside, can potentially cause damage to the disc, in some cases rendering the disc unusable."

Lol. How stupid must you be. Still it's fuel for the fire for the other side.
I haven't switched my console on today, too much rugby on the TV, but I am a bit worried. I don't have any pirated games, or a modded console but in case there's an error on their part. MS are very unforgiving when it comes to Live.

If you mod your console you completely void the TOG and you deserve to be banned. If your concerned about your precious discs, either take care of them like the majority of intelligent people, or download it directly to the console's HDD - simple as that.

I just tried it and I'm not banned.
Phew.