By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - The Rules About Calling Things "Exclusive"

You should probably also do something about the people who simply come into the thread and not add anything but, ITS ON PC AS WELL, NOT AN EXCLUSIVE!!!!!!!

Around the Network
robbo918 said:
#1 Naz kind of got me hot and flustered with that directness, very oddly attractive! (sorry Nax lol)

#2 Seriously this is common sense and shouldn't surprise anyone. Descriptive words are used to further define a term, that is all that is going one. Console exclusive clearly defines something as it should be. For example, while I adore PS3 and Sony, FFIV is not exclusive to PS3 it is only console exclusive (not to mention Square is probably going to release it on X360 on some kind of timed release setup IMO).

Oh yeah, something off the wall, TIME CHANGE this weekend for those of us that have to endure that crap.

*FFXIV :P

You forgot X!

robbo918 said:
#1 Naz kind of got me hot and flustered with that directness, very oddly attractive! (sorry Nax lol)

#2 Seriously this is common sense and shouldn't surprise anyone. Descriptive words are used to further define a term, that is all that is going one. Console exclusive clearly defines something as it should be. For example, while I adore PS3 and Sony, FFIV is not exclusive to PS3 it is only console exclusive (not to mention Square is probably going to release it on X360 on some kind of timed release setup IMO).

Oh yeah, something off the wall, TIME CHANGE this weekend for those of us that have to endure that crap.

Hey! That's my man, back off!

j/k

I mean a copy n paste, straight from another website. We can be banned for that?

Darth better be careful

Lightning_24 said:
robbo918 said:

Hey! That's my man, back off!

j/k

Lol you can have him, I will back off. I am too busy stalking Seece and Carl atm anyway

Be careful though, you have a live wire on your hands with Naz methinks

Around the Network
naznatips said:
JerCotter7 said:
naznatips said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
zexen_lowe said:
Great measure, I always found that some comments calling certain games complete exclusives annoying given that I can play them perfectly in PC. This rule ensures there's no discrimination against gaming platforms, and I'm glad it's being enforced

...this rule might not be as good for the PC as you think....

Zen, no one gives a damn. Stop trying to start crap. This is a thread to define a rule, so rather than start a pissing contest ask a legitimate question or piss off.

Ok legitimate question here. If it's a console exclusive doesn't that mean the PC WONT get it. Same way PS3 doesnt' get 360/Wii exclusives. Shouldn't it be MS exclusive just like HD exclusive. Do PS3/PC even share any "console exclusives"? So I think MS exclusive or something to that affect is better. Or just stick with exclusives since no one cares about PC anyway.

*runs*

To be clear about this, you wouldn't just say "console exclusive." You would say "This game is a PS3 console exclusive" (for example DC Universe online). This says that the game is available to be played only on the PS3 as a console, but that's not the only gaming platform it's available on. That lets people get a clearer understanding of where games are actually available during list wars, while not elimintating the ability to differentiate between varrying experiences available on home consoles.

To add to this and cut off a random question that might arise just to be a pain or argue. For specific exclusives that are only on 1 single platform, state the obvious and say PS3 Exclusive or 360 Exclusive or whatever platform its on in the title of threads that are announcing or generally just talking about a game thats only on that one platform.

I know I'm posting the obvious in this post, but this definitely needed cleaning up and to be clarified and repeated over and over so no one can say that they were never informed about specifics of this new rule.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Boutros said:

Alright thanks.

I never really got any warning messages (except some Game database warnings about things I was not doing the right way >.<) and I've never been banned so I didn't really how it worked.

Sorry about that, I hope you don't hate me for it

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Internet_tough_guy

PDF said:
I think getting picky of the word exclusive is a bit absurd.

not really considering the number of flame wars that start because of the term.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Should a Console Exclusive thread be apart of the Gaming forum? And not a specific console or pc forum, to futher clarify that the game can be played on multiple platforms? Since it would be wrong to exclude one or the other when talking about the game.

Unless theres a specific question regarding a feature only availible via that game on a certain platform. Thats my thoughts atleast.