By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should I get A Xbox 360?

deskpro2k3 said:

If you want to pay for Live then go ahead. Otherwise don't bother with it. Keep in mind, so far the only argument people keep saying that Live is better is because they pay for it.

Cross game chat. that's pretty much it. But do you really need it?

*readies flame shield*

Sky player if you already subscribe to Sky.

XBL Arcade is awesome.

Live is completely integrated into everything on the 360 from the ground up.

IF you don't play online games then no it's not worth paying for it, silver still allows you to keep in touch.

How are you enjoying Halo 3, Gears 2, Fable 2, Forza 2, Forza 3, Halo ODST, Halo Wars, PGR3, PGR4.  Stop talking garbage tedsteriscool over the last year or so MGS games have stayed "truly" exclusive.

Around the Network

If you like shooter, then buy a x360. It has Halo and GEOW, and a better controller for FPS games.

deskpro2k3 said:

If you want to pay for Live then go ahead. Otherwise don't bother with it. Keep in mind, so far the only argument people keep saying that Live is better is because they pay for it.

*readies flame shield*

What sage advice, now tell me who actually pays for Live without wanting to?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

slowmo said:
jneul said:
No way are the new 360's as reliable as the PS3s, lol i love how people keep on convincing themselves that the RROD issue is nearly non-existant, I still have friends that have XBOX 360 that die on them.
I would save my money if I was you, buy more PS3 games instead with the money you have saved.

I handle at least a hundred 360's for repairs each week so I know exactly how reliable they are and it has improved dramatically as numerous research has shown too.  Where did you dredge your misinformation from.  By the way we had 27 PS3 Slims back within the first launch week too, might not want to go crowing about the reliability of them when the build qulity of the slim is terrible in comparison to the 80GB (cheap parts have been implemented everywhere to save on costs).

I love how PS3 fanboys are constantly in denial about the improved reliability of the 360.

I know what you are saying but a hell load of ps3's were sold that week if only 27 ps3's came back then that is not a bad failure rate considering how many might have been sold just in your area (i can't possibly predict how many was sold in your area).

We all know sony have used cheaper parts on the new ps3, but still I think it will have a better reliability than the new xbox 360's

And for your information, my friends told me about their XBOX 360 getting RROD, they were all fed up as it is not the first time it has happened to them, I have finally convinced them to buy a PS3, oh well happy days ahead for them now.

Edit - oh and in case you have not heard sky player may be coming to ps3, i think it will seen as how sky has not said a definate NO.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

personally, I really dont want to buy a 360

and I feel I will buy a PS3 at some point.

but considering your situation that is basically "I want a 360", if I was you I will buy one

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I own an Xbox 360, but never before have I been so disappointed with the quality. You must also pay for XBL to play online. It is not worth it. Spend your money on something else:)

dsister44 said:
The elite has about as much of a chance of RRoDing as your PS3 does of YLoDing. I say go for it

Not true, just got a slim for the basement entertainment room (60gb in my bedroom) and my brother is on his 4th 360 (and his second Jasper unit).  That said, I would still pick up a 360 because they are covered for 3 years, this is because they have a few exclusives that you cannot get on the ps3 (ME, Gears, and L4D).  Like most have already said you can also pick these same games up on PC (with enhanced graphics and sound) or you can just pick up a Wii and really have the best of both worlds (Damn you Miley Cyrus).

Get all the consoles you can.

I say wait, you know Microsoft is going to cut the price of their console again. So just wait for now.

deskpro2k3 said:

*readies flame shield*

And people don't pay for Qore to be able to watch certain videos and play some demos? It's paying for a premium.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence