By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I am playing final fantasy VII for the first time.

VivaLaWiida said:
Are you serious? I also played it for the first time some months ago and I didn't finish it. For someone who didn't play it 10 years ago it's a boring old RPG. :/

yea i was thinking same thing.  I thought only peopel who played it when it first came out loved it.  I played it back in like 2004/5 or so.  and was quite disapointed with the game.   And had some friends borrow my game after i beat it that had never played it before and they didn't even finish it.  But my friends who got the game back in 98 or whatever it came out, it is one of their favorite games ever.  All these people are rpg fans.

well i did have some other stuff explaining in my post, but i'm just tired of talking and hearing about ff7 so erased.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
VivaLaWiida said:
Are you serious? I also played it for the first time some months ago and I didn't finish it. For someone who didn't play it 10 years ago it's a boring old RPG. :/

yea i was thinking same thing.  I thought only peopel who played it when it first came out loved it.  I played it back in like 2004/5 or so.  and was quite disapointed with the game.   And had some friends borrow my game after i beat it that had never played it before and they didn't even finish it.  But my friends who got the game back in 98 or whatever it came out, it is one of their favorite games ever.  All these people are rpg fans.

well i did have some other stuff explaining in my post, but i'm just tired of talking and hearing about ff7 so erased.

No, I played it myself onnly a year or so ago. It's not the best FF by any means but it's pretty great on its own merits.

Khuutra said:
irstupid said:
VivaLaWiida said:

No, I played it myself onnly a year or so ago. It's not the best FF by any means but it's pretty great on its own merits.

well didn't say it was bad, just that i'm not gonna be naming my kids cloud or tifa, or aeris.  there are like 10 or more rpgs i would rather play than ff7.  but i don't regret playing ff7, but also not gonna be buying every spinoff, prequal or whatever they are throwing out these days.  If they make a remake, i would probably rent that or buy it later cheap. depends on if i have enough free time to beat it in the rentable time period.    $60 games are too damn expensive these days to buy a game just cause it looks prettier when i already know the story.

main reason i'm against all remakes.  Even my most beloved games i wouldn't want a remake.  just make a new game with a new story.