By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/829/829409p2.html

Finally IGN Reviews PS3's Lates BLOCKBUSTER Title

& the Result is 9.4!!

0.1 LESS than Halo 3

GO INSOMNIAC!!!!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
Munkeh said:
Will this be the best reviewed game this year. The only possible challengers are CoD, HAZE and the main one, Uncharted

Uh, no. I love R&C but this won't even be close. The Orange Box is at 97/100 on metacritic and Halo 3 and Bioshock aren't far behind.

Sorry, I meant PS3

PSU review: 9.5 "Insomniac's second PS3 title gives a sense of realism to the word "Future". You will be immersed in an incredible environment, and captivated with an interesting storyline. The game is nothing short of astounding. If you have a PS3, get this game."

add me

@Munkeh

OMG

I had never expected so many good reviews!!

I though this would be a 8.5 - 9.0 game

WELL I HOPE IT SELLS WELL!!

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

@Andir,

Your post makes no sense. I have been saying how good the game looks for a while now, and just because I put an upper cap and say I think its great but not top 10 all time great does not mean that I am being critical. On the contrary I think if you told any developer their game was being compared on the level as a Mario 64, RE4, Metroid, or Occarina of Time etc...they would find that quite complimentary.

If from my post you can deduce that I am not giving R&C credit it where it is due or attempting to demean the game for the sake of demeaning it then I would encourage you to reread my post again, because that is most certainly not was is written there.

To Each Man, Responsibility

It's already the best reviewed PS3 game by 5 points, second place is Ninja Gaidan Sigma with 88. How many reviews does a game generally get on Metacritic for the total score?

EDIT---Jesus Christ, Bioshock has like a hundred different reviews averaged in there. 

Around the Network

Since metacritic and gamerankings haven't updated yet, here's a nice little recap of the scores.

1UP: 8.5 (looks like this was the 8.5 score from the EGM review)
EGM: 9 (averaged from 8.5, 9 and 9.5)
PSX Extreme: 9
Games Radar: 9
Gaming Age: 9
ProG: 9
GameTrailers: 9
GameZone: 9.3
PSM3 Magazine UK: 9.3
IGN: 9.4
PSU: 9.5
PSM Magazine: 9.5
GamerNode 9.5

That gives us an average score of 9.15 so far.

Gamepro

5/5

It's fitting that the first installment of the Ratchet & Clank series on the PS3 is called Future, because in many ways it sets the bar for all future PS3 games. Starting with the opening cinematic to the very last moment, the game is a prime example of what developers can and should do with the platform.

But don't let these minor complaints fool you: Tools of Destruction is an amazing PS 3 game that fully leverages the power of the console. It sets the bar high for not only the series but for all PS3 games to come. It is, without a doubt, reason enough to buy the system.

PROS: Luscious visuals, solid gameplay, addictive story, hilarious weaponry.
CONS: Controls are sometimes wonky; music can get a little stale.

That's what we wanted to hear, I will be importing this as soon as possible

Good summary of scores here 

add me

Awesomeness. A perfect score, from Gamepro nonetheless.

GameTap gives it a 10: http://www.gametap.com/home/read/article/8a25090115c934630115c99e516f0409

Scratch that. TWO perfect scores.