By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

It looks like I'll be adjusting my lineup from gamefly. I just received and beat Ico this weekend. I'm not sure what's next, maybe Heavenly Sword or something till the day Tools of Destruction comes out.

Around the Network

Right now it has 93% on Metacritic with 5 reviews:
PSM Magazine - 95
GamerNode - 95
PSM3 Magazine UK - 93
GameTrailers - 90
Games Radar - 90

Some other reviews (mentioned in this thread but not included in Metacritic):
EGm - 8.5, 9.5, 9
Psx extreme - 9
Pro-G - 9
GameZone - 9.3

So we have 8 reviews and noone is lower than 9 (I assume that EGm score = 9). The game should end with rating close to 9, possilby a little higher.

Would be nice if it could stay at +90% but it wont guessing around 87% or less will the average score be. 1up gave the game 8.5 of the three reviewers the choose the one with the lowest score.

kamil said:
PSM Magazine - 95
GamerNode - 95
PSM3 Magazine UK - 93
GameTrailers - 90
Games Radar - 90

EGm - 8.5, 9.5, 9
Psx extreme - 9
Pro-G - 9

So we have 8 reviews and noone is lower than 9 (I assume that EGm score = 9). The game should end with rating close to 9, possilby a little higher.

Biased 1up gave it a 8.5 (Good) and finishes the review with 

"After beating the game, I immediately started over in Challenge mode, and that's not something I'd be willing to do for just any platformer.

So don't get me wrong -- Future is a very good game. I guess I was just hoping for a great game. Maybe next time."

Seems the reviewer was pressed to keep it under 9.0. I wonder why :)

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

2 more in:
Gamernode: 9.5
http://www.gamernode.com/reviews/4758-ratchet-clank-future-tools-of-destruction/index.html

Gaming Age (90%=A-)
http://www.gaming-age.com/cgi-bin/reviews/review.pl?sys=ps3&game=randc_tod

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network
krik said:
kamil said:
PSM Magazine - 95
GamerNode - 95
PSM3 Magazine UK - 93
GameTrailers - 90
Games Radar - 90

EGm - 8.5, 9.5, 9
Psx extreme - 9
Pro-G - 9

Biased 1up gave it a 8.5 (Good) and finishes the review with

"After beating the game, I immediately started over in Challenge mode, and that's not something I'd be willing to do for just any platformer.

So don't get me wrong -- Future is a very good game. I guess I was just hoping for a great game. Maybe next time."

Seems the reviewer was pressed to keep it under 9.0. I wonder why :)

1UP == Ziff Davis == "Games For Windows: The Official Magazine" == you now know why.  I haven't seen an EGM mag recently, but I'm sure it's full of PC/MS ads.  Why would they want to support the PS3?

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Will this be the best reviewed game this year. The only possible challengers are CoD, HAZE and the main one, Uncharted

add me

IGN gave it 94 + editors choice award. though i've never liked ign i'm sure some people here do.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/829/829409p1.html

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Munkeh said:
Will this be the best reviewed game this year. The only possible challengers are CoD, HAZE and the main one, Uncharted

Uh, no. I love R&C but this won't even be close. The Orange Box is at 97/100 on metacritic and Halo 3 and Bioshock aren't far behind.

bump so that there's less threads on this.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453