By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

I won't even read the review. I know this game is better than that. I wonder what they will give Mario Galaxy...

Around the Network

Hmm, this Gamespot review is beginning to look like a crock of ***.

You know, they made a big deal about improving the depth and quality of their rankings, and now their reviewer plunks down a 7.5 for Ratchet, for apparent reason other than grumpiness -- i.e. supposedly it wasn't difficult enough, whatever the hell that means. Excuse me? Does every action game have to require Olympic finger training?

I've played the Ratchet demo, and Insomniac delivered the goods -- fun, exciting, great balance in weapons and controls, and crackerjack voice acting and some wicked humor. Just a blast to play and replay. I find it difficult to imagine they screwed up the entire game.

konnichiwa said:
shams said:
konnichiwa said:
Edge reviewed Ratchet:

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction: 8/10
- Folklore 5/10
- Eye of the Judgement: 4/10

They are hard task masters...

8/10?

4/10 for Eye of Judgment? Noooo.... (terrible!)

Didn't they give Halo 3 a 10?

Yeah I thought they gived Halo 3 a 10.

I don't know what to think about them, in the same number they gave Conan a 7 and I thought that was a very horrible game.

You could call them hard to please but a 7 for Conan could not be the case if they were hard to please X_X.

Must be a horribly biased magazine. Folklore is most certainly a well above average action RPG, actually quite impressive and well polished overall, also Halo 3 doesn't really deserve a 10 for sure, nomatter being a vivid FPS fan or not it's far from perfect.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Interesting IGN claims: "The story is strong and ends with closure and a cliffhanger (figure that one out), ", while Gamespot claims the story is weak as one of their non indepth spots of criticism.

If so, I wonder why Gamespot gave Gears of War a 9.6, the story in that game was certainly hard to find and the main characters certainly lack charisma and acting talent.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

The 7.5 from Gamespot seems genuinely unfounded.

Around the Network

konnichiwa said:
Edge reviewed Ratchet:

- Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction: 8/10
- Folklore 5/10
- Eye of the Judgement: 4/10

Also Eye of Judgement currently enjoys an above 80% industry average, maybe they aren't fans of card based games like this, but I think they should review the game from the perspective of its target audience, so those who do like playing such kind of games. You don't let a person suffering from FPS motionsickness review Halo 3 or Lair, or would you?

PS3 vs 360 sales

@routsounmanman,

The difference between shock and suicide is why.

PS - Hopefully this should convince more people to join my crusuade against review scores. Boiling a game down to a single numerical value is wrong. Write your GD reviews and let people form their impressions based on that.

I hate review scores!

To Each Man, Responsibility

Gosh who cares, if the average score is pretty good, then why even bother to fuss about one person who gives a lame review, am I right? Back then they were shooting at a reviewer at Gamespot who gave the lowest score around that time for Zelda TP. They had to remove comments as people were literally threatening that poor bloke. Totally sick.

In general, I never trust one single magazine / website for reviewing anyway. When I have a chance I check average scores at gamerankings and to be honest... I don't even find that all too trustworthy.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

routsounmanman said:
Then why didn't they rate Halo 3 low? That would be a way better shock (seeing as their biggest audience is obviously Americans).

Did you not hear about the "gift packs" that they were giving out at launch, they were worth a few hundred $. A read stuff about them essentially being baised

add me

Lost tears of Kain said:
so, if it gave a sony game a bad score, it MUST be biased!

SOMG, welcome to bad reviews, happens to everyone

Well its owned by microsoft..

OT: I wasnt expecting such great reviews, I dont listen to gamespot since I knew they were biased since e3 06(yep 06) When the ps3 came out I remember the exact moment, there entire site was filled with gears of war montages and only 1 ps3 video. Very biased indeed. This just proves they are even more biased and just downright dissapointing.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M