By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet and Clank ToD review thread.

Im hating all theses 10/10 scores that are being thrown around so easily. Nothing against this game at all. I felt the same way about 10/10 given to halo 3.

10/10 doesnt mean what its ment to mean anymore :( kinda makes me sad.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network

Can't wait to get my hands of this!!!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

lol I'll take it off your hands.

Bah, reviews need to be overhauled. They need to take the scale up to 12 or %120 with all the nines and tens being thrown around these days.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Tell that to Bioshock's like 15 perfect 10 scores.

Around the Network

I wouldn't count UNCHARTED OUT!

It may be a NEW IP, but I feel it can be big

but Ratchet is gonna make MANY Ps2 guys come over the fence

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

I wish I could say the same, despite being wicked awesome, we could hardly sell them (Ratchet and Clank games) at the game stand where I worked.. Maybe it's just like that where I live, but nobody seemed to appreciate their awesomeness.

Apostrovich said:
I wish I could say the same, despite being wicked awesome, we could hardly sell them (Ratchet and Clank games) at the game stand where I worked.. Maybe it's just like that where I live, but nobody seemed to appreciate their awesomeness.

Same for people in my area. Most gamers I knew have never played R&C or Jak. It's sad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

sieanr said:
Andir said:
...clip...

1UP == Ziff Davis == "Games For Windows: The Official Magazine" == you now know why. I haven't seen an EGM mag recently, but I'm sure it's full of PC/MS ads. Why would they want to support the PS3?

Joe Rybrick was the author of that review, and used to be the Senior Editor of Official US PSM. 1UP bias confirmed

Oh, and the PS3s success really has little to do with games for windows. Ziff Davis needs all the cash they can get, and they sure as hell wouldn't turn down an advertisment based on some non-existent anti-PS3 agenda.

And they definately wouldn't turn down the ad revenue if Microsoft decided to pull some ads if the score was higher. It seems pretty clear from all the other reviews that this man is obviously either being paid or has some kind of agenda.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

The 10s thrown around bother me too.  Bioshock, MP3, Halo 3, and now this.  10s should be given out maybe once or twice a generation.  The only game that actually may have deserved a 10 (Orange Box) actually got fewer than any of those.  That's just dumb.  

Here are the gamerankings scores so far:

Articles   - -1 On File
AVERAGE RATIO: 92.3% - (92.7%)
Site Name / Link
Article
Date
Rating
Ratio

10/23/2007
10 out of 10
100.0%
 GamePro

10/23/2007
5 out of 5
100.0%
 PSM Magazine

12/1/2007
9.5 out of 10
95.0%

10/23/2007
9.5 out of 10
95.0%
 IGN

10/23/2007
9.4 out of 10
94.0%
 PSM3 Magazine UK

11/1/2007
93 out of 100
93.0%

10/23/2007
9.3 out of 10
93.0%

10/23/2007
A-
90.0%

10/23/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%

10/23/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%

10/23/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%

10/23/2007
9 out of 10
90.0%
 1UP

10/23/2007
8.5 out of 10
85.0%

Scores not bolded are considered unreliable by gamerankings and not counted in the total ratio.  We can only hope they'll stop counting Play Magazine soon too...