By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you want in next generation consoles?

coolbeans said:
Baroque_Dude said:
coolbeans said:
serve me donuts every morning

We already had cupcakes, now donuts... What's next? Bagels, pizza?

Bu....But who'd want cupcakes over donuts? Besides donuts are disc'd shape so it'd make more sense.

Your use of logic has no boundaries, I see.

"I think that I don't think."

- Soli Deo Gloria -

The FUTURE is the FUTURE. Now... B_E_L_I_E_V_E!

Around the Network

Soleron said:
- No menus, or at least an option to skip them

Why?
- No harddrives

Why not?
- No patches

Why not? If they fix something...

- No online. At all.

Why not?
- Smaller

Yes.
- Lower power consumption

Yes.
- Less noise

Yes.
- One SKU

Yes, please.

- Effective 'Seal of Quality' programme

Good.

- No mid-lifecycle updates. I hate being 2 models behind on the DS and having to buy 4 WM+ just to play new games for a console I already bought

Agree.

- Soli Deo Gloria -

well I don't have to say better graphics, it will be definitely more powerful. But, what i want is to see my future console will be more networked with other devices at home. Should be able to act as hub, so i can remotely logged in and control other home appliances etc. Maybe Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo somehow agree on an open architecture, so the cost and time of development shortened. I think, competition should be somehow on hardware they way you produce on an open architecture. However, it is a big dream for the game developers, but certainly not impossible.

Developer are still struggling with existing hardware, especially with PS3... would be too early that new consoles come now. Still XboX 360 and PS3 consume more than 100 watts, even chip size is shrieked to 45nm... so i do not see new console coming that soon... of course they can bring new powerful consoles right now but then you need a big power grid home, and damn noisy fans. I see next generation will come around 2014 or 2015, maybe announced earlier but not released. I expect chip size will decrease to 12nm or below, which getting really really hard, or a new quantum computing technology takes over.

I want to be immersed in the game, so this 3D idea that both MS and Sony seem to be working on would be big. I also wish that online play would be available across all platforms that have the same game. I wanna be able to play games on my ps4 online with xbox720 friends.

Soleron said:
- No menus, or at least an option to skip them
- No harddrives
- No patches
- No online. At all.
- Smaller
- Lower power consumption
- Less noise
- One SKU
- Effective 'Seal of Quality' programme
- No mid-lifecycle updates. I hate being 2 models behind on the DS and having to buy 4 WM+ just to play new games for a console I already bought

Looks to me like you want a gameboy

mM
Around the Network
Xoj said:
all games should be 1080p 60fps and look at least like killzone 2 or uncharted 2

Now the eternal question. Antialiasing VS resolution. Some people prefer better effects, shadows and antialiasing, rather than a higher resolution.

- Soli Deo Gloria -

MasterZack said:
not everything are graphics. I rather gamepaly and less shovelware.

We can still have better gameplay and games this generation.

However, I agree that graphics aren't everything.

- Soli Deo Gloria -

I just want them all to be region-free. In all aspects (e.g. PS4 supporting all regions PS2 games as well).
Though I don't care about region-free DVD/BR.

the_singularity_0101 said:
well I don't have to say better graphics, it will be definitely more powerful. But, what i want is to see my future console will be more networked with other devices at home. Should be able to act as hub, so i can remotely logged in and control other home appliances etc. Maybe Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo somehow agree on an open architecture, so the cost and time of development shortened. I think, competition should be somehow on hardware they way you produce on an open architecture. However, it is a big dream for the game developers, but certainly not impossible.

Developer are still struggling with existing hardware, especially with PS3... would be too early that new consoles come now. Still XboX 360 and PS3 consume more than 100 watts, even chip size is shrieked to 45nm... so i do not see new console coming that soon... of course they can bring new powerful consoles right now but then you need a big power grid home, and damn noisy fans. I see next generation will come around 2014 or 2015, maybe announced earlier but not released. I expect chip size will decrease to 12nm or below, which getting really really hard, or a new quantum computing technology takes over.

Good first post.

Welcome to VGChartz.com.

- Soli Deo Gloria -

radeon 4850 class gpu (or better)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB