By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Michael Bay - Upset with Paramount, "Blu-Ray is where my money is."

From USA Today:

Bay caused a brouhaha on his blog (michaelbay.com) by voicing his displeasure that Transformers would not be available on Blu-ray and that he was rethinking his plan to direct a sequel. The next day he backpedaled, but he is still upset about the format war.

"It's short-sighted and it has delayed consumers' moving to HD (home video)," he says. "As a director, my critical eye is that Blu-ray is where my money is. Consumers are smart, and they are going to wait it out."

Thoughts?

Around the Network

This is funny, he got in trouble for saying he wouldn't direct T2 because of the HDDVD exclusive. He is a big "blu-ray" fanboy and I fully support him :)

ROFL

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I think it's funny that he got in trouble for it weeks ago, yet here he is saying it again. lol.

Who cares Michael bay is one of the worst directors there is today.

*facepalms redspear*

Transformers kicked ass. There's no denying it.

Around the Network
redspear said:
Who cares Michael bay is one of the worst directors there is today.

I can sense you would care if he was defending HDDVD

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Special effects makes good movies!!!

I forgot the South Park quote sorry!

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

Well in all honestly his statement isn't a false one.  Just think about it the millions of PS3s out there (YES blu-ray players), and all those with stand-alone once again it would have sold at least twice the 190,000 that was sold on HD-DVD.  Bay has a right to wave that money down the drain.

Didn't he make some comment about Blu-ray several months ago and then "mysteriously" change his mind the next day?

Entroper said:
Didn't he make some comment about Blu-ray several months ago and then "mysteriously" change his mind the next day?

Never heard about that one :(.