By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Movie recommendation: Oldboy

Akvod said:
d21lewis said:
I'll watch with my girl via Netflix 360, tonight. Should get me out of playing Peggle.

Oh, Oldboy was a chick flick? Fuck that, I'm passing.

Is it a romantic comedy about an Old guy that's a boy at heart?

It does have a moment of intense fatherly love :)

Around the Network

Man, I'm tempted to watch it now!

badgenome said:
One of my favorite movies. It's like Hitchcock on acid, and that hallway fight scene was infuckingsane.

Director's friend DARED him to film it like that.  Said it couldn't be done.  He shot that whole long-ass scene just to shut his friend up.  Amazing.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
badgenome said:
One of my favorite movies. It's like Hitchcock on acid, and that hallway fight scene was infuckingsane.

Director's friend DARED him to film it like that.  Said it couldn't be done.  He shot that whole long-ass scene just to shut his friend up.  Amazing.

Didn't know that. That's pretty gnarly.

deadt0m said:
I'll wait for the Will Smith version.

then you will be waiting for a pathetic remake

be a man and watch a good movie (hint good movies 99 percent of the time are not made in the usa)

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

Im seeing Thirst on saturday, by the same director. I saw Oldboy at the Movies when It came out.

^^^

is thirst rinne in korean?

if so it rocks

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Pyramid Head said:
deadt0m said:

be a man and watch a good movie (hint good movies 99 percent of the time are not made in the usa)

learn 2 irony

^^^

i was high

Pyramid Head said:
deadt0m said:

99% is really pushing it.

Oh yeah, and Chan-wook Park kicks ass. The ending of this Oldboy is the best part of the movie. It makes the second watching that much more awesome!