By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 34 million 360s sold !

Misleading article. They are using current 360 shipment numbers and comparing them to 3-4 month old PS3 and Wii shipment numbers (PS3 had 23.8 million shipments at end of june). Difference is definitely not as big as article says. MS only knows 360 shipment figures exactly, they don't know how many of them have been sold to consumers so these numbers are sold to retailers.

Around the Network

"upabout 3 million from August" - In Never-land maybe.
This is clearly shipped as MS prepares for the Holidays, by shipping large quantities of consoles to the shops.

Fufinu said:
The quoted PS3 figure is also way too low. Wonder where they got that from.

Read the article properly and you'll see that the figure is from late August..

Misleading/inaccurate. Lock please.

"Well certainly with the Xbox 360, we had some challenges at the launch. Once we identified that we took control of it. We wanted to do it right by our customers. Our customers are very important to us." -Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb (10/2013). Note: RRoD was fixed with the Jasper-revision 3 years after the launch of 360

"People don't pay attention to a lot of the details."-Yusuf Mehdi explaining why Xbone DRM scheme would succeed

"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360,”-Don Mattrick

"The region locking of the 3DS wasn't done for profits on games"-MDMAlliance

You have almost 2k posts. You should know better than this. Shipped vs sold etc etc.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
puffy said:
KingArthur said:
puffy said:
The figure that Microsoft is giving is almost 34 million shipped, not sold to consumers (VGChartz track consoles sold to consumers). Also VGChartz are a week or so behind generally so I don't think adjusting is necessary.

It said installed base which means sold to consumers.

Microsoft do not track that number, they only track consoles shipped to stores. It doesn't matter what terminology they use, that's the number that they're giving. Trust me, it's been debated on this site many a time.

they said sold not shipped.

Fufinu said:
The quoted PS3 figure is also way too low. Wonder where they got that from.

from Sony .. i guess.

NNN2004 said:

they said sold not shipped.

They always say sold. It is always shipped. Always. No, this time is not any different. Yes, I see that one sentence that makes you think it is. No they don't have access to anything but shipped data except through NPD and similar tracking firms. They aren't citing the numbers so it is shipped. Yes I am absolutely sure they are shipped.

I typed out my side of this conversation early. I am missing the part where ioi and/or TheSource come in and confirm they are shipped and I thank them. I decided to save some of it for later.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

We have a thread on this subject.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o