By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Microsoft: on PS3s recent sales surge "We expect it to be short-term and we expect them to be back down to third place soon like they’ve always been.”

twingo said:
ms knows they have been beat down and will be forced to stay down.

A far inferior product wont win when the price difference is close, unless a $99 360 is in the pipe line.

If the 360 should be $99, does that mean the Wii should be $9? What is so inferior about the 360? Only thing you can point to is the Blue-Ray drive. Please don't bring up graphics and power since anyone not blinded by fanboyism can see both are equally matched. You may think the PS3 has better visuals but I along with many others think they are pretty even.

Around the Network

do they live in a dream world?

Microsoft's garbage talk as usual.

Sounds like Mike has some issues he feels he needs to share with us all. Use a shrink like everybody else you cheapskate.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.
tuscaniman said:
twingo said:

A far inferior product wont win when the price difference is close, unless a $99 360 is in the pipe line.

If the 360 should be $99, does that mean the Wii should be $9? What is so inferior about the 360? Only thing you can point to is the Blue-Ray drive. Please don't bring up graphics and power since anyone not blinded by fanboyism can see both are equally matched. You may think the PS3 has better visuals but I along with many others think they are pretty even.

Oh really? What xbox 360 game has visuals as good as heavy rain's? Or uncharted 2's? None.

Around the Network
TT Makaveli said:

they are not dreaming...u know Microsoft...if they dont sell like PS3 they do a Elite for 50$...they dont care...than buy some exclusives to make it multiplat like FF Versus XIII and Agent and they will be sleeping well...though its unfair but hey this is like MS handle their Business!

The Entertainment division at MS just made a $312,000,000 profit. With the Zune HD losses in there, the Xbox360 probably made a profit close to $500,000,000 in three months. So MS handle their business pretty well.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

TT Makaveli said:

they are not dreaming...u know Microsoft...if they dont sell like PS3 they do a Elite for 50$...they dont care...than buy some exclusives to make it multiplat like FF Versus XIII and Agent and they will be sleeping well...though its unfair but hey this is like MS handle their Business!

lol

I know Sony's been cocky since they were actually #1 for the past 2 gens, but MS should hold their tongue since they're talking like they're #1 now yet original Xbox wasnt and the 360 isnt.

MS has to specify that the race is about the HD console and disregarding Nintendo Wii to make them feel #1, so if thats the case the PS3 is actually #2 =P

WheelStriker said:
tuscaniman said:
twingo said:

Oh really? What xbox 360 game has visuals as good as heavy rain's? Or uncharted 2's? None.

I agree.  While the Xbox360 has some impressive looking games none of them are even close to some of the exclusives of the PS3.  Getting back to the point, MS are clearly threatened.  You don`t hear Nintendo saying "oh, sony will be back in third place very soon...." - why? Because they are not threatened.  That recent price drop by MS was a desperate move.  And MS saying these things mean they are threatened.

V-r0cK said:
I know Sony's been cocky since they were actually #1 for the past 2 gens, but MS should hold their tongue since they're talking like they're #1 now yet original Xbox wasnt and the 360 isnt.

MS has to specify that the race is about the HD console and disregarding Nintendo Wii to make them feel #1, so if thats the case the PS3 is actually #2 =P

i know right, microsoft talk like they've been successfull but they have never tasted success like sony or nintendo have and i dont think they ever will. success for them is releasing faulty hardware , which they knew about! gaining a lead then boasting about it! lol. people also forget they had a 16 month advantage in europe.