By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I need a Xbox360 steering wheel. HELP!

Hey guys,

I really have NO clue at all. This should be my very first racing wheel ever. So, which is the best. I want to play Forza 3 right from my couch. So no table in front of me where I could place it on.

Do I need a gearshift or just the steering wheel with pedals? Is there something I have to look at carefully?

Thanks!

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

The only real option is the MS-branded wireless wheel unless you want to spend big bucks. I have it and it does fit in your lap, but I hate it like that. I want it mounted to a table or something and until I find a solution, I've quit using it because I get a backache.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

is there just one?

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

yeh i got the microsoft one it ahs to be mounter on a table. its good and cheap. there are alternatives but you will have to spend alot of money

The M$ one has nice force feedback.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

it's logitech a option for 360?

on the ps3 i use that, it's good i think they should be a 360 version

^^Yeah, we all use wheels with GT logos on them.

Fanatec is your other option, and it's modular so you can but it in bits.

I'm unsure about XBOX 360 compatibility but I just bought this wheel: 

There is simply far too much torque for this one to sit on your lap though.. You will need some kind of set up, for example you can buy stands for them or you can build your own (shows a XBOX 360 wheel):

If you are willing to get a complete set up then I'd look into the Driving Force GT (the above wheel) as it has some solid features such as 900 degree rotation, paddle shifters (they're just buttons but they get the job done), pedals on their own axis (so that the brake has more resistance than the accelerator), pedal spikes for carpet retractable if on a hard floor and rubber stops, solid clamps that are adjustable for thicker than average tables etc.. and as I mentioned before, very high levels of torque. The wheel has a very strong desire to return to the centre and is 11 inch instead of the usual 10.

Here's a review, even if it isn't compatible you can see what you should be looking for in other wheels:

I'll go searching for other wheels for you, I got the Driving Force GT for $115 Australian but they retail for $300 so compare the features with other wheels on the market and what you're willing to pay.

Ok so looking into it, don't buy any logitech wheel as they are NOT compatible with the XBOX 360. You have two main options.

1. (Cheap option) Go with the official Microsoft wireless wheel. Not sure on how good it is though: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/816672.html

2. (Expensive option) Go with the Fanatec range of wheels. They are officially supported by Forza 3 and you can find more information here: http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/The-Ultimate-Racing-Wheel-for-Xbox-360.htm

Hope that helped in some way :)

There is a Logitech wheel that is compatible with the 360, check out the Drive FX, not many left now as they're clearance but it's a very good wheel for a budgt price. It doesn't have a lap usage method though but in my experience you need a stand to enjoy a wheel as you just cannot get as much fun from a make do scenario.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-DriveFX-Racing-Wheel-Xbox/dp/B000GLL1LU

DirtyP u cant have it on your lap. That feels awkward.

And yes you need a gearshift of course. Or else the experience ain't realistic for most cars.