By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - If Windows 7 turns out to be great, how will Apple advertise their macs?

Okay this is just a random thought that came to me after reading the thread about Windows 7 pre-orders. 

I'm sure by now you've all seen the stupid mac commercials that start out "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC..." and then it goes on to say PC's get viruses, Vista sucks, You can't do shit on vista, blah blah blah. I have never seen a Mac commercial when they said what a Mac can do, only how PC is bad.

Okay so my question is if Windows 7 turns out to be great, and Apple can no longer say that PC's suck, how will they advertise their computers? I mean they rely 100% on attack ads as if they're politicians so will they stop advertising or will they actually start making good ads.

Here's a youtube video of their shitty ads. Sorry I don't know how to embed, I'm retarded. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siSHJfPWxs8 

Edit: I guess they say a couple things about making videos/photobooks, etc. but nothing else really good about macs

Around the Network

They'll find something to bitch about, trust me. ;)

haha yeah your probably right!

i have been running windows 7 beta for few weeks now and it has not crashed on me even once, it is very stable and fast, its is either windows 7 of the beast AKA my PC thats running my system so smoothly, but still i just love the new features windows 7 has.

i have some ideas for apple, but they got to pay!!!

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

And it won't be too easy - win7 is great ;)

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
i have been running windows 7 beta for few weeks now and it has not crashed on me even once, it is very stable and fast, its is either windows 7 of the beast AKA my PC thats running my system so smoothly, but still i just love the new features windows 7 has.

i have some ideas for apple, but they got to pay!!!

That's awesome! I'm glad MS finally got back to form! Looks like W7 is a must buy. 

They'll continue with the same drivel as always, really. Half the nonsense they say on their commercials applies to Macs as well, anyhow.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Apple recently released iMac's with Core i5 and i7 processors at around $2,000 so they will say they are just as fast as top of the line PC's or some crap like that. Wanna know how to beat apple every time? Just say they are overpriced, no one can deny it.

They probably will continue with the same points because they will remain true.

Macs tend to get less viruses than windows
Macs tend to be easier to use than windows
Macs tend to be more stable than windows
This has been true for generations of OS.

Also, if you have not seen any Mac commercials commenting on what Mac can do better than Windows: 1) You haven't seen all of them or 2) You are just using the commercials that supports your flamebait.

Parting thought: The majority of commercials on TV make no sense what-so-ever. They just keep talking, but they don't say anything about their products. Compared to those commercials, the Mac ones are very informative. Even the ones that say what they do better than Windows.

Conner52 said:
 Just say they are overpriced, no one can deny it.

haha that's so true! I use that line a lot. I tell them they're paying for the brand name