By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - TALKING ABOUT CELL's Power!!! interesting

This thread looks fine to me.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Sintinel said: This thread looks fine to me.
Excuse me isn't a reason for a ban to have multiple accounts? I can't see washimul banned...

Yes, and in fact I have banned Washimul twice now. After "washimul" was banned, 'wasim' came here and started posting the same type of shit. I can't check his IP, and the writing style is at least somewhat different, so there is really nothing I can do. I don't think we need a Washimul witchhunt.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

I honestly expect PS3 to outsell Wii in Europe for march, but I still don't expect it to outsell the Wii worldwide in March, there's too much of a difference, and I don't see europe selling THAT many in just over a week during a slower period.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

yes, that cell is powerful. it's nice over 50% of the work on folding@home is done on the PS3, but the sheer power of ps3 is old news now. in fact this is old new for over a year now. if you want journal papers on studies on the cell architecture i can give you a few references. how does it affect games being made though? and so what if games look great and the play sucks? ask yourself. sheesh.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

K8L will destroy the cell, and xenon already bests it in many areas

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Remember that the PC's involved only use a FRACTION of their power for this project - whereas the specially coded PS3 app, can use most/all of the PS3 power. Plus... didn't Sony claim that the PS3 can do 2 Teraflops? By my calculation, the PS3's are achieving about 24Gigaflops each... which is really slow (by relative standards). Maybe the software isn't very well written after all (could run 50-100x faster??)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I believe washimul was very intelligent and only made those idiotic posts for the fun of it. In fact, I enjoyed them...

Wow, I've been noticing quite often how people are quick to jump on anyone who reports good news about the PS3, and how people are quick to jump on anyone who reports bad news about the Wii or 360. You guys hate it when Sony spouts BS, yet there are quite a number of you who do the same, difference being those working at Sony are getting paid and laid for doing their job.

It's only been a little more than two days since the software was introduced, but the PS3's entry into Folding@Home has already moved Stanford's distributed computing project forward by leaps and bounds. As of approximately 4:00 PM EST, the latest statistics on the project have shown that PS3 users are contributing 367 Tera (trillion) FLoating point Operations Per Second (TFLOPS), which is currently more than twice the amount of all of the other operating systems participating in the project combined. And that number is growing rapidly, as Kotaku originally reported that PS3 users had contributed only 251 TFLOPS as of 8:00 AM EST this morning.
Of course, there still will be people still sipping their own kool-aid and spining the news any way they can. Just curious, if the 360 was capable of this, how many of you would ride the PS3 to the ground for all its worth? I mean, if the Xenon is more capable than the Cell and there a lot more 360 owners than PS3 owners, why didn't Microsoft offer a hand in this project? But then again, loyalty should always prevail when it's the competition that's helping out in finding a cure for devastating diseases. Keep it up guys, you make the Gamepro and Gamespot forums seem pacifistic and unbiased.

Poseidon said: Wow, I've been noticing quite often how people are quick to jump on anyone who reports good news about the PS3, and how people are quick to jump on anyone who reports bad news about the Wii or 360. You guys hate it when Sony spouts BS, yet there are quite a number of you who do the same, difference being those working at Sony are getting paid and laid for doing their job. It's only been a little more than two days since the software was introduced, but the PS3's entry into Folding@Home has already moved Stanford's distributed computing project forward by leaps and bounds. As of approximately 4:00 PM EST, the latest statistics on the project have shown that PS3 users are contributing 367 Tera (trillion) FLoating point Operations Per Second (TFLOPS), which is currently more than twice the amount of all of the other operating systems participating in the project combined. And that number is growing rapidly, as Kotaku originally reported that PS3 users had contributed only 251 TFLOPS as of 8:00 AM EST this morning. Of course, there still will be people still sipping their own kool-aid and spining the news any way they can. Just curious, if the 360 was capable of this, how many of you would ride the PS3 to the ground for all its worth? I mean, if the Xenon is more capable than the Cell and there a lot more 360 owners than PS3 owners, why didn't Microsoft offer a hand in this project? But then again, loyalty should always prevail when it's the competition that's helping out in finding a cure for devastating diseases. Keep it up guys, you make the Gamepro and Gamespot forums seem pacifistic and unbiased.
Nice lecture 1 post ... People aren't jumping on people who report good news for the PS3 ... People are sick of Washimul reposting the same crap every couple of days, then flaming people until he gets banned, and then doing it all over again.