By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Honest question do you think we're in twilight of this current generation?

Ail said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Even ignoring Mario Galaxy 2, although if Uncharted 2 could move consoles, Galaxy 2 might, the other games will definitely move a bunch, even if you take out NSMB Wii and its legs, which I think should be counted, because unlike PS3 games, Wii games often have long legs

Yeah Uncharted 2 will in the long run move maybe 40k or so units, that's not even a drop in the bucket................

Ah, you're ignoring the relevant point, which is that Wii's lineup is stronger, even if you don't include the Mario games

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Ail said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Even ignoring Mario Galaxy 2, although if Uncharted 2 could move consoles, Galaxy 2 might, the other games will definitely move a bunch, even if you take out NSMB Wii and its legs, which I think should be counted, because unlike PS3 games, Wii games often have long legs

Yeah Uncharted 2 will in the long run move maybe 40k or so units, that's not even a drop in the bucket................

Ah, you're ignoring the relevant point, which is that Wii's lineup is stronger, even if you don't include the Mario games

That is totally a question of taste...

PS3 is getting sequels to two of the best selling franchises of last gen ( GT and FF), that is hardly weak.

Besides this gen, the strong selling titles that move hardware on the Wii have been new 'Wii' titles ( Sports, Fit), where is the next original of those titles ?

I mean come on, you listed Metroid Prime trilogy, did you see how well the previous Metroid did on the Wii ( heck or even Galaxy).

Those might be titles the hardcore Nintendo fans have been waiting for, but hardcore titles ain't what had made the Wii success this gen...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Well first off, FF is split across two consoles in the West, not to mention its a series in decline, so expecting it to sell a ton of PS3's is unlikely. as a lot of people will just get it on the 360, GT is also in decline, and so I don't expect huge things from it either, good sellers, but neither will get anywhere near 10 million on the PS3

Yes the highest selling, but a lot of Wii games that don't have fit or ports in the title have sold a bunch and the Vitality sensor may bring in another Wii series game that sells.

Other M is a different game than Prime, so might sell more, and you have Zelda Wii, which is likely to be totally different than TP due to motion plus, Dragon Quest in Japan, and Epic Mickey which will be big sellers.

You're right its not the hardcore games that sell, but as I pointed out, NSMB Wii will have long legs for the non hardcore, not to mention we haven't seen what Nintendo has planned for next year with regards to the Vitality sensor and maybe other Wii nonhardcore titles

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)