By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone here feels left out? Seem Ninty considering the next gen...

yushire said:
LOL everyone dont get me. for one thing Im not a Wii hater but Nintendo takes a different route than their rivals. instead of focusing on core games and mature and established franchise, they take a risk and move to casual arcade experience type of gameplay. And no established franchise except for mario though Metroid was a exception.

WHY? Because catering to old fanbase wont cut it. What if 5 years from now you will be laughed by the teens and kids if you goto a video game convention? because thats what happened in the anime industry. After watching anime conventions in youtube I laugh.

Thats what will happen in the video game industry if they cant accept the fact that we are still in this generation. anyone knew disco?

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2009/10/02/video-games-are-the-new-disco/

Video games are not ‘rock and roll’ anymore. Instead of that youthful explosion of energy, video games are being dominated more and more of middle age people thinking gloriously back on their golden days. Unless video games are made relevant to young people, video games will become the new disco.

what I see here is that probably if nintendo made a precious (Core Gamer machine) then most their sales would be 15 million... and thats kinda pathetic against the competitors... nintendo saw the decline and it was getting to dangerous... so they did the reasonable choice and gathered a new market!

p.s. I know youre not a wii hater :) I dont accuse people unless there trolls...

Around the Network
yushire said:
woopah said:
theres MP3 and Red steel 2 for FPS if those count as well as the Grinder.

why are you expecting FPS and TPS from nintendo? theve never been big in those genres

TBH, im not the one that expecting it. Its the nintendo core fans that actually expecting it. Why there are hundreds of COD and Re5 on the Wii threads in Nintendo section anyway? Not only on this site...

He said from Nintendo. Neither COD nor RE5 are from Nintendo, are they? I mean, I don't see a lot of "Nintendo needs do make a FPS" :P

Also, you sai we should feel left out by Ninty an that it's common knowledge that Nintendo abandoned the core fanbase, but just look at how many quality games that don't have "casual" as their focus (or main focus for that matter) Nintendo has given us this generation and how many more are coming. So we haven't got Starfox, F-Zero or Pikmin, but we haven't had so many Marios since NES, we've had Excite Truck and Bots and Punch Out, as well as Sin and Punishment 2, franchises everyone though would never come back. Nintendo may have spent more time than usual speaking for the "casuals", but they have by no means "abandoned us".

taomaster06 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Ialso notice you don't have Wii fit, so Wii fit plus will be new

wii fit is not really game its a bunch of workout routines. For me a game has to have characters and a storyline. wii fit just doesn't appeal to me.

I just had to point this out. By your metric - Tetris isn't a game nor is almost every puzzle game. Further, pong and most sports games don't fit your criteria either. Games = the pursuit of fun, Personally I have more fun playing Cranium than Halo 3. Wii fit is fun especially if you have just one friend to do it with you.