By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS reply to 100 Dollar Live, NPD Results & claim their games look the best

I was having a great laugh reading the article:

1. The use of the word ecosystem - wtf? lol.
2. Their turnover is driven by accessory purchases. We kind of knew this and then David Dennis justifies the HDD rip off price by saying:
3. "That said, we go to great lengths to ensure the accessories we're selling are high quality. A lot of the price comparisons you hear have to do with the hard drive, but your average off-the-shelf PC hard drive isn't as exhaustively tested or run through the same quality and safety compliance checklists we employ." Now this made me laugh. Why?
1. Because if I buy a WD HDD off the shelf, I get a 3 year warranty, regardless.
2. So MS run these bulk bought HDD's each and every one, on a bench and then say yep, she seems to work? Umm ok, I believe that
3. I am skeptical as the Quality Control seemed lacking on the DVD ROM units they bought in bulk.

To sum: Basically this David Dennis is FOS.

Around the Network

lol of course Adrian Peterson is better than Matt Forte. Is that a joke?

I'll do a signature later

I already have trouble justifying the $50 a year for Live, but it's basically the price of a game, so really no big deal. $100 a year is a little hard to swallow. I am a Microsoft fan, but I will not pay that for Live when PSN is free.

MissingNo said:
lol of course Adrian Peterson is better than Matt Forte. Is that a joke?

Forte doesn't have anyone creating holes for him to run through, so that should be considered.  However, Peterson is still a better running back.

ironman said:
inverted3reality said:
our acessories sell more because we force you to buy over expensive proprietary , lower quality accessories.

Oh, 120million more than nintendo and sony? making 50$/year per xbl customer makes me think ms is loosing more per 360 than we think they are. not to mention obscure prices on devices.

basically, microsoft is ripping us all off, not giving us a better experience than sony, forcing us to use inferior accessories, not including all of the services that the ps3 has, charging the same price and making us bend over backwards in the process.

why do you all hate sony again?

so, how are the Hard drive lower quality than what you get in the PS3? Oh hey, How is the Wifi adaptor lower qualityt than what you get with the PS3, I mean MS has "N" something PS3 does not. OH! How about head sets, Have you used a MS one? They are fabulous. And the controllers, well, I hardly think they are a lower quality...come to think of it, could you tell me exactly what accesories are lower quality? I agree on your price point though.

That having been said...Why do you assume everybody hates Sony?

lol i agree with inerted3reality its expensve and proprietary, and no the 360's adapter is not N otherwise it would be 300$, my conps wireless NIc was 120$ being N, which if you know is a new tranmision type that allows for up to 300mbps data transfer, and btw the 360 has a 10/100mb ethernet NIC and the ps3 has a 1000mb NIC so im going to say there is some inferrior quality involved, and idk about you but there have been dozens of wireless headsets that have been returned due to defects at my store ane for the ps3 ones i havent had maybe 2 in the past 2 years.

Around the Network
almcchesney said:
ironman said:
inverted3reality said:
our acessories sell more because we force you to buy over expensive proprietary , lower quality accessories.

Oh, 120million more than nintendo and sony? making 50$/year per xbl customer makes me think ms is loosing more per 360 than we think they are. not to mention obscure prices on devices.

basically, microsoft is ripping us all off, not giving us a better experience than sony, forcing us to use inferior accessories, not including all of the services that the ps3 has, charging the same price and making us bend over backwards in the process.

so, how are the Hard drive lower quality than what you get in the PS3? Oh hey, How is the Wifi adaptor lower qualityt than what you get with the PS3, I mean MS has "N" something PS3 does not. OH! How about head sets, Have you used a MS one? They are fabulous. And the controllers, well, I hardly think they are a lower quality...come to think of it, could you tell me exactly what accesories are lower quality? I agree on your price point though.

lol i agree with inerted3reality its expensve and proprietary, and no the 360's adapter is not N otherwise it would be 300$, my conps wireless NIc was 120$ being N, which if you know is a new tranmision type that allows for up to 300mbps data transfer, and btw the 360 has a 10/100mb ethernet NIC and the ps3 has a 1000mb NIC so im going to say there is some inferrior quality involved, and idk about you but there have been dozens of wireless headsets that have been returned due to defects at my store ane for the ps3 ones i havent had maybe 2 in the past 2 years.

erm,  Iagreed with him on the expensive part...and agree with him on the Proprietary. It seems I was mistaken with the wireless adaptor (damn whoever it was that told me it had N) And the NIC card speed has nothing to do with quality and everything to do with quantity. Anyway, that having been said, you can only quote the wireless headset as an inferior product? Thats kinda sad, because the part inside that is the issue, is the LiPoly battery. I don't know if MS got a faulty batch, or if they just don't know how to use a Lipoly yet (if the thing gets below a certain voltage...well, you might as well throw it away). Anyway. Cite me something else inferior.

EDIT: Guess I was right about the N router for $100.00 http://www.slipperybrick.com/2009/10/xbox-360-wireless-n-adapter-coming-november-3rd-100/

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

almcchesney said:
ironman said:
inverted3reality said:

I don't even know where to begin to respond to your comment... your cheap N router... your talk of gigabit ethernet... it's like you're not even a Network Administrator :p  The current wifi for the 360 isn't just G and B it's also A... wich is retarded because it really never had a good foothold even though it's good enough to stream HD.  As the N adapter it is comming out and looks like it's going to be 100 bucks

almcchesney said:
ironman said:
inverted3reality said:

Your comment leaves me speachless... I'd point out the fail in your comment, but it's to much for me right now... I think I have the flue so I'll just tell you to edjumicate yourself...

All the accessory shit is probably made in some unpronounceable city in China.

As far as 3rd party vs 1st party accessories - most people will always attach to the first party. For example, the controller. It's just the way it is.

I got an Xtreme N card for my laptop thinking it would have greater range than the one built-in. I was surprise to find out ithe N card had less range than the build-in one. So don't believe that the N Wi-fi always equal greater range. In fact i believe the N card suppose to have a greater bandwidth (like stream HD movies) not necessary better range. Even then I couldn't tell the difference between N and the older build-in WiFi. I did have a N router so maybe there a bigger difference when it come to routers.