By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The FPS and RPG made a baby: The Official Borderlands Thread

found some more copies for the ps3 today...still holding out for a 360 one though. :(

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Wow, I just got my first vehicle. Driving is so much fun, grinding for levels just got so much more awesome, you can just plow through everyone!

What level are you? and are you playing PS3 or 360 version?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

If there are any 360 players who have the game already hit me up so we can co-op, Xbox gamertag ckmlb.

Nice opening on this game, really nice.

Around the Network

Played about 2 and a half hours started with a Siren class character, level 8 now.

The world is looks great, loving the art style, the music is really effecitve when you're in big fights.

But most importantly this game blows Fallout 3's combat completely out of the water it is literally 10 times better than the combat in Fallout 3. Fast paced, constantly running into enemies and bosses are actual bosses they will always put you in dangerous levels of health.

The story and other surrounding details (except the look) might not be there but the basics are fantastic. None of that pause time to get headshots. This is a frantic game.

Let me describe to you the second boss fight and this is completely random you might have a totally different experience. I go in I see this giant Skag creature I use the sniper rifle barely touched him, he comes running at me full speed then he jumps at me and does some weird fire damage stuff and I'm already almost out of health so I run.

I literally kited the boss for like 5 minutes behind me as other enemies were attacking me and me taking shots as i can and throwing grenades and using hte phase walk. I was literally 1 health surviving on shield armor then this pack of annoying flying enemies swoop down and start attacking me at the same time. I'm about to die and I shotgun the bird kill it get second wind then shotgun the boss a few more times and kill it.

I'm usually against boss fights in FPS games, but these guys know how to pull it off. Also the game is verey addicitve and if you like loot you'll love it.

I recommend this game to any shooter or western RPG fan on whatever platform you can play it on. I haven't even tried the co-op yet which is supposed to be this game's best quality. Even fighting the normal creatures and animals is fun that's how good the combat is.

Hey I'll probably be renting this game for 5 days within the next day.

If anybody wants to play coop with me add me (You'll have to be a low level since i'll obviously be a one) 

Gamertag is YO mUThEr

ckmlb said:

What level are you? and are you playing PS3 or 360 version?

Level 11 now, and on PS3 version. PSN is Feylic, though it looks like you have 360 version.

Preloaded. Waiting for it to unlock still... man the extra PC wait is brutal.

PS3 US: antfromtashkent

If anyone is interested.