By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Good Reasons to own PS3 in 2008 (list inside)

Munkeh said:

Oh and SSJ, if you want a reason that PC gaming does not beat the rest is that it cost nearly £1,000 to buy a decent computer that can run all the games. CoH and WiC only just work on my computer, they are juttery, and this laptop cost more than double the cost of my PS3, which runs everything silky smooth

My computer cost $500, and I can run any game on the PC market currently...some better than others of course, but I can run The Orange Box games on nearly max settings at a high resolution, and I ran Bioshock with medium-high settings.

Your problem is you associate laptops with desktop computers...laptops almost always suck with games...you can pay nearly 2k for a laptop and still be worse than a $500 desktop...whoop-dee-doo.

If you payed 1,000 pounds for a PC, you'd have a good gaming rig to play any current game on max...however most console gamers are under the false impression that a game has to have all the settings on max to look good...IT DOESN'T!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
Globox said:
I think this forum is called "SONY discussion", so if you want to make topic about wii crap and 360 loves to die on you, go ahead but not here

And that my friend, is why this site is retarded. If you were to post the same thing as they did, but replace Nintendo/Microsoft with Sony and vice versa... you'd be banned already. However, the trolls are out in full force and the mods are letting it fly.

Sony forum my ass.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Also, this thread is pretty pointless...how is a list of all the upcoming games going to convince someone? Couldn't you at least try to explain why you think the PS3 is better than the other two?

I didn't want to lock this one right away...I figured I'd give you a chance to say why you like your console of choice...anybody could ramble off a list of future games and tell them to buy that system because those games are great.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )