By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

OMG 8 of the 11 kills so far are "other". Epic.
[edit:  ... and it's only Day 3.]
/zombie

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Being all of the crazy things that have happened, I think it's safe to assume that there are more than just townies, werewolves, and mafia.

And hatmoza, you not being whored makes no sense at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Gnizmo said:
Hatmoza is either an insane cop, or just lying.

Here is where you fucked up. If you were the cop, then you would have been targetted last night for death. This is what I meant when I said your role would be clear in a day or so. The fact that you were left alone in favor of someone random makes it crystal clear you are mafia or a werewolf. You would be target number one for me if I were on the mafia or werewolf, and anyone who has played with me will tell you I exert a high degree of influence over who is killed at night, for better and worse.

Vote: Hatmoza

I think this is very possible, especially given the other obscure roles WoW has already tossed into this game.  I'm inclined to believe you're innocent.

However, an insane cop can still be useful so long as he knows he's insane.  So either he's an insane cop, which means it's best to lynch gnizmo, proving he's insane, thus making him useful later, or ealse he's lying, in which case it'd be better to vote hatmoza and save gnizmo.

Not to mention, six doctors have gotten the axe so far, so even proving hatmoza's insane (which I'm inclined to believe he is, assuming gnizmo's innocent) wouldn't do us much good, since he'd have no protection anyway.

outlawauron said:
Being all of the crazy things that have happened, I think it's safe to assume that there are more than just townies, werewolves, and mafia.

And hatmoza, you not being whored makes no sense at all.

His defense will be that the prostitute is pro town. Whether one exists or not is in doubt at this point. The fact that neither of the bad guy factions targetted him for death is far far more suspicious. There is no explanation for that one. He is a mafia/werewolf and he needs to die.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

BEST.GAME.EVER.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

@ mm
Please just trust me, when you see that Gnizmo is guilty after he gets lynched everyone will finally 100% believe I am the cop.

@Gnizmo
Anti town probably figured I'd be protected and didn't target me. I was sure they wouldn't risk wasting a perfectly good kill, especially when they probably figured another faction would target me anyway. My real worry was the prostitute but it looks like she's pro town after not targeting me. The results say guilty Gnizmo and your days are over. When you get lynched, everyone will see that I've been telling the truth throughout the whole game.

@ FF
You did the town good buddy don't worry. You killed a ww and mafia member! be proud.

@ surviving players
Gnizmo is guilty, lynch him.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

I still don't see why he'd fake roleclaim to be a roleblocked cop, least of all day one. Unless he just wanted to try and use it for a false conviction down the road, but in the end he'd only be gaining the attention of damn near everbody, most importantly the other anti-town faction that'd want him dead, while at best getting a single free day kill down the line for his faction.

makingmusic476 said:

I think this is very possible, especially given the other obscure roles WoW has already tossed into this game.  I'm inclined to believe you're innocent.

However, an insane cop can still be useful so long as he knows he's insane.  So either he's an insane cop, which means it's best to lynch gnizmo, proving he's insane, thus making him useful later, or ealse he's lying, in which case it'd be better to vote hatmoza and save gnizmo.

Not to mention, six doctors have gotten the axe so far, so even proving hatmoza's insane (which I'm inclined to believe he is, assuming gnizmo's innocent) wouldn't do us much good, since he'd have no protection anyway.

He was not targetted to be killed last night. As such he is clearly working with them. One of the two factions should have targetted him. So either they are both way off, or Hatmoza is making shit up as usual. It was another in a long line of terrible role claims. I gave up on it yesterday because he played it off better, and I figured that deserved a stay of execution. He is guilty, and needs to be put down.

hatmoza said:

@ mm
Please just trust me, when you see that Gnizmo is guilty after he gets lynched everyone will finally 100% believe I am the cop.

@Gnizmo
Anti town probably figured I'd be protected and didn't target me. I was sure they wouldn't risk wasting a perfectly good kill, especially when they probably figured another faction would target me anyway. My real worry was the prostitute but it looks like she's pro town after not targeting me. The results say guilty Gnizmo and your days are over. When you get lynched, everyone will see that I've been telling the truth throughout the whole game.

@ FF
You did the town good buddy don't worry. You killed a ww and mafia member! be proud.

@ surviving players

I have my own reasons for believing in gnizmo's innocence, and no matter what you say it won't change my mind.  Either you're lying, or you're insane.

hatmoza said:

@ mm

@Gnizmo

@ FF

@ surviving players

Bullshit. 3 pro town protective roles died on night one. As a result the safest asumption is we have none left. The fact that there were two more doctors is a shock to everybody but the doctors I imagine. You are trying to spin your lie more, but it is becoming more and more unbelievable by the minute. You are lying, and if I get lynched you will die the next night. I guaran-damn-tee it