By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 8 - Game Thread

Dgc1808 said:
hatmoza said:
@ Dgc
Falcon ??? Are you not over that yet?

I didn't get him killed... didn't feel satisfying enough...

But we ended up killing him... which wasn't a good thing...

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

Just to confirm what WoW said, when I played Werewolf with other people (before I started playing Mafia online), the prostitute was a pretty common role and was always town aligned. So, I think we just had some bad luck last night if hatmoza is telling the truth. (Basically, the mafiascum wiki isn't the Mafia Bible. It's just a useful reference.) At this point, I'm willing to believe hatmoza.

Probably shouldn't put too much faith in me yet Hatmoza as I suspect you most of all right now. Since no one has accused you of lying about the cop role as yet though I suppose I will take your word for it tonight. More so because we have WoW implicitly confirming your story with the clarification post. Whether or not that was intentional I don't know though.

I am going to go ahead and shift the focus to Zexen right now. He is being exceptionally quiet this game, and j0 died last nght. Last time both of those were true he ended up being mafia. On top of that he convinced everyone to lynch me too. FoS Zexen

@DGC
I have a natural talent for making people suspicious. It comes in handy sometimes, but others not so much. I really wish someone could explain why I sound suspicious to me sometime. I would work on changing it then.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Still doesn't mean we should jump on Darth though.

4 ≈ One

Dgc1808 said:
supermario128 said:
hatmoza said:
I trust Gnizmo this game for some odd reason.

I FoS FF just for being an ass and saying I fucked up when we have no frikkin lead whatsoever. HELLO both doctors died! even if I eventually got guilty results I would end up dead the next day just by providing that info

Gnizmo, 'm putting my faith in you decision this game since your seem sincere. Don't make me regret this. Who do we lynch?

But if you waited a couple days before revealing your role we would have suspects to vote for.....

Kinda odd he just threw it out there, isn't it? Why'd you do that without anything to prove you were even an investigative role? All we know is that you were possibly with prostitute last night...

Oh wow, I just realized how perfect this would be for a fake roleclaim.  He claims that he's the cop but getting roleblocked so he doesn't have to fake any investigations.  And since he's claimed the cop, obviously any sensible roleblocker WOULD keep it on him.  

Also, he's throwing a lot of accusations out there, at me just for apparently being mean to him, and at Dgc for mentioning Falcon (why is this a surprise, and why jump on him now?) right after he questions hatmoza.

I dunno if it's strong enough to vote, but I sure as hell wanna find out if other people find this fishy.   

"HELLO both doctors died! even if I eventually got guilty results I would end up dead the next day just by providing that info

But the thing is, your info is worthless.  The only ones who it affects is cops, and they can't stop it from happening, nor can the whole town.  The only way to stop it is to lynch (or roleblock?) the prostitute, and you have given us ZERO help there.  If you'd refrained from roleclaiming, the prostitute might have targeted someone else letting you actually get some USEFUL information.  But that won't happen now.  You DID "fuck up".  Or you're faking.  

I guess if there's a body snatcher, he could snatch you and he would be targeted by the prostitute instead of you, so that would be a reason to claim so that you could investigate.  But you didn't do it for that reason; for one thing, you fully expect to die tonight.  So, again, you're dumb (panicky) or faking.  

I'm leaning toward faking right now.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

On the other hand Gnizmo has a point about "WoW implicitly [confirmed] your story with the clarification post."

So I guess I'm leaning toward you panicked. If there's a body snatcher out there, target hatmoza!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
On the other hand Gnizmo has a point about "WoW implicitly [confirmed] your story with the clarification post."

So I guess I'm leaning toward you panicked. If there's a body snatcher out there, target hatmoza!

I take it back, now that I've actually checked the post Gnizmo referred to:  
"A prostitute is a Roleblocker.  It may or may not be Mafia-afilliated.

WoW simply confirmed the existence of the role as laid out in the mafiascum wiki, not that it exists in this game.  (Although, interestingly, WoW said the P "may or may not" be Mafia, whereas the mafiascum wiki implies that it is only Mafia (and called something else, perhaps the Dancer, if pro-town).)

So, I guess I'm on the fence now, until I hear input from others.   

Gnizmo said:
Probably shouldn't put too much faith in me yet Hatmoza as I suspect you most of all right now. Since no one has accused you of lying about the cop role as yet though I suppose I will take your word for it tonight. More so because we have WoW implicitly confirming your story with the clarification post. Whether or not that was intentional I don't know though.

I am going to go ahead and shift the focus to Zexen right now. He is being exceptionally quiet this game, and j0 died last nght. Last time both of those were true he ended up being mafia. On top of that he convinced everyone to lynch me too. FoS Zexen

@DGC
I have a natural talent for making people suspicious. It comes in handy sometimes, but others not so much. I really wish someone could explain why I sound suspicious to me sometime. I would work on changing it then.

Zexen might have college tonight. Not sure.

@FF

I'm starting to think he did this on purpose. Why roleclaim with no known information? He wants us to think he is the cop, or he might really be the cop. Hmm.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Final-Fan said:
Final-Fan said:

I take it back, now that I've actually checked the post Gnizmo referred to:  
"A prostitute is a Roleblocker.  It may or may not be Mafia-afilliated.

WoW simply confirmed the existence of the role as laid out in the mafiascum wiki, not that it exists in this game.  (Although, interestingly, WoW said the P "may or may not" be Mafia, whereas the mafiascum wiki implies that it is only Mafia (and called something else, perhaps the Dancer, if pro-town).)

So, I guess I'm on the fence now, until I hear input from others.   

I know my post isn't exactly confirmation, but the prostitute role isn't always mafia. Like I said, every other time I've seen it used in a game, it's been a pro town role.

insomniac17 said:
Just to confirm what WoW said, when I played Werewolf with other people (before I started playing Mafia online), the prostitute was a pretty common role and was always town aligned. So, I think we just had some bad luck last night if hatmoza is telling the truth. (Basically, the mafiascum wiki isn't the Mafia Bible. It's just a useful reference.) At this point, I'm willing to believe hatmoza.

Final-Fan said:

Yeah but wouldnt having the body-snatcher targeting hatmoza make him worthless?   I didnt think you could do any investigations when you got body-snatched.   So it would be 2 nights in a row with no investigations to help us out.