By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Level 5 plus FFCC: The Little Prince and the Promised Land

2 Remarkable things which I've noticed on Japanese game websites, which I'd like to share with you.

First this:

In an interview with Inside Gamer, Akihiro Hino, President of Level 5 has said to be interested in creating a game for on the WII. He literally said:

The WII is an interesting piece of hardware, so in the nearby feature I'd like to create a WII game.

Further nothing specific has been said by Hino-san. This sure sounds interesting and something I was hoping for all along as Level 5 is my most favorite developer. I'm sure most of you out there go like YEAH!

Second interesting thing I've found on Famitsu today, is some more info about the anticipated WII Ware game:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Little prince and the Promised Land.

With the service on WII Ware being available around March 2008, this game will be one of the first games which WII owners are able to download in Japan.

The game takes place "after" the events of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle on the Gamecube and is about the little prince "Leo". Leo receives a mysterious power from the Crystals, named "Construction Skill". With this skill Leo is able to create for example houses, so to rebuild his lost kingdom. In order to use this skill, Leo needs to head for the dungeons and to obtain a spiritual power which is formed by a source. As Leo is too young to fight, he needs to search for allies which will accompony him during his adventure.

Sounds pretty interesting doesn't it? Here some screens, have a nice time drooling:

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

So will this be only downloadable?

Onimusha12 said:
So will this be only downloadable?

Yeah Im pretty sure it was announced a couple of days ago at a $15 price tag?

Both these things were announced a wee bit back but I hadnt seen the screenshots or the info on it before, cheers Onna. 

so how does that work, you play the game via streaming instead of downloading it?

Game is only available by downloading it from WII Ware, which you can compare with PSN on the PS3 ;)

Around the Network

I personally would like to have a hard copy myself but oh well, what can ya do. Looks like fun, like the chick with the big knockers.

How is this whole game suppossed to fit on the Wii's flash memory btw?

Don't know, nothing has been announced about the memory storage so far. I guess they will give more details as soon as they're available ;)

Onimusha12 said:
I personally would like to have a hard copy myself but oh well, what can ya do. Looks like fun, like the chick with the big knockers.

How is this whole game suppossed to fit on the Wii's flash memory btw?

Its amazing how much gfx can be fit into 32 or 64MB of compressed data. I don't think this will have any issues fitting. Most/all of the game will take place within the one city, so there won't be a lot of locations or anything like that.

I'm guessing maximum sizes (for now) will be around 128MB - which is still around a 1/4th the size of a CD.  

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I want multi player and even though the little bit we have been given says that you search for allies, that does not confirm multi player. Until it gets the nod in that department, I will stay weary as the CC game coming out for Wii (on disc) has me very disappointed thus far.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

No it doesn't say it has a multi-player option, it only says because Leo isn't able to go on an adventure on his own as he's simply too young for it, he'll need friends in the game to go along with him. Could be just like in any other RPG game, like a Final Fantasy on the PS, Dragon Quest etc.