By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Website suggestion to maybe help with the recent banning and mod bashing

ssj12 said:
omgwtfbbq said:
I don't care so long as no one abuses their power.

One thing I want to say is stop publicly warning people within threads (I'm looking at you, ssj12). If you're going to warn someone, send them a pm, there's no need to derail threads (that PS3/GC thread is ruined now).

Crucial definitely had at least one thng right, there is absolutely NO NEED to warn people by posting a public message in a thread, there is a pm system especially for that.

that wasnt even the full warning, I went into more detail with my message, but thats besides the point. Public warnings can be a way to display whats wrong and should be used as a sign to fix the situation, not derail a thread. Plus many people here have called for reasons for bans/warnings. You are probably right, many people get nervious and testy when they are made public. The main purpose is still the same. it was meant to calm people down and talk like civilized men and women. Just like in politics there always has to be to form of visible sign that the mods actually do something more then ban people and shy away from trying to get things running smoothly without using much of our power. We prefer to use our power when direly needed and not spamming it around the forums like priest spams his message during Sunday mass.

That sounds very reasonable, except for the shot at organized religion.  Why did you do that?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
kn said:
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have started the thread, but I'm not complaining about the mods. I'm complaining about people complaining about mods and the trolls that follow. Just close this thread now.

Okey dokey!

kn said:
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have started the thread, but I'm not complaining about the mods. I'm complaining about people complaining about mods and the trolls that follow. Just close this thread now.

I'm complaining about you complaining about people complaining about mods.  Quick, someone complain about me!

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!