By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Back from bootcamp! Ask me anything.

Just finished with Basic Training for the USN.  Quite an interesting 2 months and now I'm in A School for 2 years for advanced electronics before I go out to the fleet.  Nice to have the internet back too.  While I was gone quite a bit has happened, the biggest for me being the PS3 slim since I haven't had a chance to get a PS3 yet, this was a sweet deal.  Can't wait till the holidays.  

Just for the hell of it, ask me anything about bootcamp or the Navy, or whatever the hell you want.  It's just nice to be back.

Around the Network

Did you get paid? How hard did they work you?

Do you have six fingers on your right hand?

was it fun?

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

If two trains are going to crash at 100mph and the train track is 700miles and a bird is at the front of one train and flying to the other at 150mph and the bird goes back and forth from train to train. How far will the bird fly before the trains crash?

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
If two trains are going to crash at 100mph and the train track is 700miles and a bird is at the front of one train and flying to the other at 150mph and the bird goes back and forth from train to train. How far will the bird fly before the trains crash?

does it matter... i say obviousley not far enough if it is dead..

Brawl Code- 3179-6370-3098 Name:Richi   

Mk Code-3480-4494-2675 Name:Richi

Aj_habfan said:

Hell yea!  Since I'm married I get paid 3 times what other sailors get paid over here just from allowances.  Free medical/dental for life, ridiculous life insurance (for obvious reasons) housing is paid for even if you choose to live off base, you get allowances for food.  When I go out to sea I get sea pay, hazard pay for combat zones, family separation pay and more.  The pay is definitely worth it, especially since the Navy is wiping out $21,000 of my college loan debt.  On top of that, if I want to work on my masters degree it's all paid for, same thing for my wife.

I have no complaints.

gomezc said:
Aj_habfan said:

Hell yea!  Since I'm married I get paid 3 times what other sailors get paid over here just from allowances.  Free medical/dental for life, ridiculous life insurance (for obvious reasons) housing is paid for even if you choose to live off base, you get allowances for food.  When I go out to sea I get sea pay, hazard pay for combat zones, family separation pay and more.  The pay is definitely worth it, especially since the Navy is wiping out $21,000 of my college loan debt.  On top of that, if I want to work on my masters degree it's all paid for, same thing for my wife.

I have no complaints.

I think I may join the navy

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."