By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The minimal PS3/360 gap will be 3.5M and maximal 5.5M by the end of 2009

Hardware Sales, 8th Nov 2009

Around the Network

@ Zorrox, if the diference you show in the bottom of the 2009 numbers is :
ps3 2009 - x360 2008, since the bolded date, in 11 OCT, the real difference is +205.535 for the PS3 2009.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

lets not forget 360 got a 90+k Bump from Walmart Last week , with out that it probably would have been 60-70k lower , and very low for this time of the year

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

@aavidbacon, i compare data to:
VGChartz Hardware data for the period 19th Oct 2008 to 03rd Jan 2009
so, the bolded should be 18-Oct-09, but anyway, thanks.

@Attoyou, this shows, that Micrsofot won`t give up so easy.

A Bad Clown said:
The PSP Go might actually be selling alot this winter, which could steal sales from the PS3 due to the similar pricepoint. For some odd reason people want to buy a PSP Go because they're cheap and don't want to spend 50$ more on a PS3.

are u kidding me? people will want the ps3 instead if people do math will know the best choise between psp go and ps3  is the ps3 cuz many reason we already know

Around the Network

Hardware Sales, 15th Nov 2009

I find it quite funny how most of the xbox fanboys are dealing with this situation of the PS3 beating the 360 in sales: "just wait till Natal gets here". As if Natal is a certified system seller. Even with the $100 Walmart gift card deal and MW2 bundles, the 360 still isn't catching up to the PS3 in sales. How much more of an effect will Natal have compared to these other deals? I really don't see the effect being that much more drastic, if at all. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Another thing they keep mentioning is the so-called "360 slim" (giggled).

On topic, if things keep going the way they are now, I see the gap being between 4.5 to 5M by the end of the year.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Vexxmania said:

I find it quite funny how most of the xbox fanboys are dealing with this situation of the PS3 beating the 360 in sales: "just wait till Natal gets here". As if Natal is a certified system seller.

I love user interaction so much that I even chose an education in this area. The Natal hype brought me to this forum of curiosity to see what people were expecting from Natal, but to my disappointment it would seem that none of those hyping Nathal have bothered to make any constructive/deep thoughts about its possibilities and disadvantages.

Even worse, those hyping it as a huge selling point seem clueless about what will put Natal apart from the PS3Eye. When 3'rd party developers get a neat idea, what would prevent them from doing the same with the eye?

EDIT: Just wanted to add that people already hyping Agent as a huge selling point are just as bad.

OctaBech said:

I love user interaction so much that I even chose an education in this area. The Natal hype brought me to this forum of curiosity to see what people were expecting from Natal, but to my disappointment it would seem that none of those hyping Nathal have bothered to make any constructive/deep thoughts about its possibilities and disadvantages.

Even worse, those hyping it as a huge selling point seem clueless about what will put Natal apart from the PS3Eye. When 3'rd party developers get a neat idea, what would prevent them from doing the same with the eye?

EDIT: Just wanted to add that people already hyping Agent as a huge selling point are just as bad.

Well the reason they haven't thought of its possibilities yet is because no one really knows what Natal can do. All we've seen so far is the (edited) Ad that was shown at E3. I've recently seen some other videos of it, but these did indeed contain really basic stuff, not much better than the Eyetoy. But relying on a product, without even knowing what it can actually do, and praising it as a saviour of sorts is just.... not healthy IMHO.

Yes the very same can be said about Agent at this time. Although Rockstar has established itself as a successful video game developer, so those behind this game's hype aren't entirely wrong in doing so.

All in all, this new standard of hyping games or new products, upto a year or longer before their actual release, just doesn't seem right to a lot people out there (myself included). I honestly fear where the industry is going.

PS3 Will Be King By 2016.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

the 360 is gonna decrease year over year, last year it had the price cut and this year it aint really got anything! its just gotten older and on top of that the ps3 and wii are eating into its saales with their own price cuts. the ps3 is gonna have its best holiday whilst the 360 sales are gonna be lower than ps3's last christmas sales= huge gap between the 2 fron now till the end of the year. the 360 is too dependant on the american market and if things dont work out for it there, then its gonna crumble against the ps3. if npd show ps3 outsold 360 in november, 360 is in trouble. cause then it will be getting outsold all over the world in december and dont forget japan... geting a huge game launch