By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The minimal PS3/360 gap will be 3.5M and maximal 5.5M by the end of 2009

Damn

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
A Bad Clown said:
The PSP Go might actually be selling alot this winter, which could steal sales from the PS3 due to the similar pricepoint. For some odd reason people want to buy a PSP Go because they're cheap and don't want to spend 50$ more on a PS3.

I disagree seeing as the PSP and the PS3 are complimentary products. And also like you stated the price difference is only $50. That is not nearly a big enough gap to go from a powerful home console to a handheld. If someone chooses to go with a PSPGo it will be because it is portable, not because it is cheap. The PSP-3000 may steal some sales at $100 cheaper but it would be very minimal. Either way a PSP purchase of any kind only encourages the future purchase of a PS3 if they do not already have one. 

Hardware Sales, 18th Oct 2009

Nice maths.

I wonder what greenburg will say if ps3 passes xbox 360 LTD
Probably resign way before that happens!

KIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOB!

Around the Network

The PS3 will only be 3 to 4 million units behind the XBox 360 by the end of 2009. By July 1, 2010 PS3 will be in front of the XBox 360 in total lifetime console sales. PS3 will reach 40 million console units before the XBox 360.

Posting in thread so I can revisit in the future.

Cool thread

For me the most important is that at the end of 10 year lifecycle the PS3 will beat X360

PS3beats360 said:
The PS3 will only be 3 to 4 million units behind the XBox 360 by the end of 2009. By July 1, 2010 PS3 will be in front of the XBox 360 in total lifetime console sales. PS3 will reach 40 million console units before the XBox 360.

I can never tell whether you're serious or just putting on a show...