By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The minimal PS3/360 gap will be 3.5M and maximal 5.5M by the end of 2009

kowenicki provide facts to support you claim... I'll reserve my judgement till then.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

@jneul

that post is so ignorant of the actual facts its laughable

1. The "xbox division" doesnt exist... go check, it is now called somthing else (much like how sony quote the playstation profit (losses) these days) and the new division has shown profit for some time

2. Theye didnt pull out due to lack of success, they pulled out because of a poor deal they made with nvidia over choip manufacture which made redcucing costs prohibitive.

3. PS2 had an horrendous failure rate. DRE, Batteries, Price shafting of Europe etc etc.

4. You live in the UK not the US... it isnt a great price in the UK... its RRP is $411 in the UK, or to convert backwards it should be about £190 not £249.

1. ok so they renamed their gaming division big whoop, it's not like i check the names of games divisons all the time you know lol. By the way microsoft posted an overall profit (not for the gaming division they have),  the amount spent of fixing broken consoles has been a major issue to their gaming department

2. thats what they told you for PR purposes lol, dont always fall for the things they tell the press, not even i believe some of the things sony says

3. as for PS2 horrible failure rates, no I don't think so even though there was a lawsuit against it (mostly lawyers cashing in, because that's what they love best), if you have the links to this please prove your point, go ahead, as my original ps2 disagree's with you (still works fine)

4. right yes since when is £249 such a bad price, when sony are probably still making a loss at that price, honestly any one with the slightest bit of intelligence can see that that price is still a good deal, even though we are still getting a little bit ripped off on conversion rates.

by your logic the xbox 360 is also a rip off, as it turns out that is slightly more expensive to buy over here as well, we have always had to pay more for consoles

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Noobie said:
for future reference

This

put the lotion in the basket

Im really confused atm by the above...

Btw isn't it funny that it says explicitly in the PS2 manual not to play for too long with the slim PS2 or the console will overheat (according to Soriku).

Tease.

Around the Network

I guess RROD doesn't exist because I've never experienced it.

Ignorance is bliss...

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

why the hell is everyone talking about the ps2? dre? yea my ps2 had that since launch lol but it wasnt a console killer. i could still play games on it but they would usually take afew tries before they worked. also it was easily fixable. oh and how much did the 360 outsell the ps3 last year in november and december?

kowenicki said:
@jneul

the MS "gaming division" IS making a profit... ffs..... take your sony specs off for a second.

you still have not given us the links to the supposed horrible failures for the ps2??

sony specs are not on sorry, i also support wii as well by the way

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

@OP - Reasonable prediction, I think your numbers for the 360 are a little low personally but not too far off. I would have gone for a 4-6 million range if I had to put a figure out there, mainly because I think it will be about 5 million in January, with the 360 big price drive coming next year around September to bring the gap back up from the 4 million it will be down to by then.

Will be impressed if you're right though!

The sales gap will be around 5 million by end of 2009. No way will the PS3 outsell the 360 by more than 2 million units over the next 6 weeks. 1.5 million more PS3s will be sold over the next 6 weeks than 360s.
PS3 will end up outselling the 360 around 2.5 million units for the whole of 2009.