By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioware: "We would love to revisit Jade Empire"

Zlejedi said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Darc Requiem said:
Yeah I bought Jade Empire again on Steam. I'd certainly like a follow up game. Only real issue I had with the game was the relatively shallow combat.

I was just the opposite.  I loved the combat.  I loved combining the various disciplines to get the special effects and I loved experimenting with all the different styles.  My only gripe in the whole game was that there simply wasn't enough combat to play with all the styles in a single playthrough.

Yeah and there was not enough description on styles so you had to guess which ones will be good.

Still I'd love sequel to it as the setting was really nicely done.

I like the variety of the styles but they lacked depth. Each style had 3 moves for weak attack, 1 move for power attack, and 1 AOE attack. It the made the combat seem very lather rinse, repeat. What's everyone's favorite styles? I know Spirit Thief is a given but here are my other four.

White Demon (Hand to Hand)

Storm Dragon (Support Style)

Jade Golem (Transformation Style)

Twin Sabers (Weapon Style)

Around the Network

This would be very okay with me, but if KoToR 3 came out, I would literally be the happiest person on the planet.

Darc Requiem said:

I like the variety of the styles but they lacked depth. Each style had 3 moves for weak attack, 1 move for power attack, and 1 AOE attack. It the made the combat seem very lather rinse, repeat. What's everyone's favorite styles? I know Spirit Thief is a given but here are my other four.

Leaping Tiger, Mirabelle, Stone Immortal, Monkey Paw, and Death's Hand.

All I want from Bioware is a proper single player KotOR 3. Maybe if or when the MMO fails they'll do a proper KotOR again.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Darc Requiem said:

Leaping Tiger, Mirabelle, Stone Immortal, Monkey Paw, and Death's Hand.

I don't remember names too well but initialy i used thousand cuts and then after arena when you learned one of  styles i kept using that one till end of game.

That was another problem that you could finish game almost without style changes there were no incentive to try something else.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Considering it was the only Bioware game I couldn't get into I'd just like to say a big meh to that.