By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 E for All 07 Interview, Payton says Blu-ray needed for MGS4!!

MGS a sandbox game? And what is GTA then? A football game?

Around the Network
Griffin said:
Gamers want FMV with 1080p 7.1 uncompressed sound. Games like this and FF13 use this and thats why they can't be made on smaller disc's.

Last gen games had to be made on dual layer DVD's thats why the GC also never received all the games.

lol, i certainly don't care about uncompressed sound, hell i was wondering why people were complaining the free radiohead album was only in 156kb MP3, i listen to my music at 96kb/s, admitedly it's through earphones and i am sure if i had a pair of speakers with a better wattage than i do i might be bothered anough to go up to 196kb (or whatever the nearest standard is)

If the total sound in a game uses more than 1GB then a lot of space is being wasted (1GB ipods are supposed to fit 1000 songs or something and thats at about 200kb/s)

@Yojimbo, yes i wasn't sure about FMV in Metal Gear...didn't seem like the type of game that would need many cutscenes

If you guys think the graphics on a 25GB Blu-Ray are the same as a 9GB DVD, then the graphics on the DS are as good as the graphics on the PSP.

Game marketing rule #1, when you are releasing an exclusive game to a platform hype it as "<game> can only be done on <platform> because of <unique feature>" ...

Disc size was a huge issue when you were talking about the difference between an 8MB N64 cartridge as compared to a 640MB Playstation CD and consumers wanted FMV and CD audio ... When you have a system with the processing power to provide high-quality real time cinematics and you can handle highly compressed data going beyond 9GB is foolish and 18GB is moronic ...

cool48 said:
If you guys think the graphics on a 25GB Blu-Ray are the same as a 9GB DVD, then the graphics on the DS are as good as the graphics on the PSP.

wow, you really have no clue at all. :)

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Game marketing rule #1, when you are releasing an exclusive game to a platform hype it as " can only be done on because of " ...

Disc size was a huge issue when you were talking about the difference between an 8MB N64 cartridge as compared to a 640MB Playstation CD and consumers wanted FMV and CD audio ... When you have a system with the processing power to provide high-quality real time cinematics and you can handle highly compressed data going beyond 9GB is foolish and 18GB is moronic ...

Exactly.  Multiple discs would probably work just fine.  Having said that, I would take this statement to mean that the developer is trying to say that MGS4 will be a PS3 exclusive.  Sometimes business people can be pretty cryptic with the way they word things.

I think alot of you are in denial. More advanced games require more space. Developers of exclusive Xbox games have talked about space issues.

The fully uncompressed audio sounds cool. The sound is so pure from the source that they have to edit out the clicks/noises etc. people make with their mouths while speaking.

The dev says that the audio in Bioshcok is amazing, but the audio in MGS4 will be even clearer.

mrpapaye said:
cool48 said:

wow, you really have no clue at all. :)

What are you talking about?

TWRoO said:
Griffin said:
Gamers want FMV with 1080p 7.1 uncompressed sound. Games like this and FF13 use this and thats why they can't be made on smaller disc's.

Last gen games had to be made on dual layer DVD's thats why the GC also never received all the games.

lol, i certainly don't care about uncompressed sound, hell i was wondering why people were complaining the free radiohead album was only in 156kb MP3, i listen to my music at 96kb/s, admitedly it's through earphones and i am sure if i had a pair of speakers with a better wattage than i do i might be bothered anough to go up to 196kb (or whatever the nearest standard is)

If the total sound in a game uses more than 1GB then a lot of space is being wasted (1GB ipods are supposed to fit 1000 songs or something and thats at about 200kb/s)

@Yojimbo, yes i wasn't sure about FMV in Metal Gear...didn't seem like the type of game that would need many cutscenes

So waht do u think of the new radiohead album?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout