By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - i need help choosing a nes game

Ooooh, I see. I got it for free anyway the day they launched the damn thing.

Nice of them to hook up a NES voucher like that.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
dtewi said:
Faxanadu said:
twesterm said:
Faxanadu said:
Untouch said:
SMB3

If you don't get it you're a nazi.

Ah yes, a very educated post from a nice canadian fellow.

I think you might be taking a joke out of context or taking it too seriously.  It's a pretty common saying if you don't like x you're a y.  That y ranges from anything from Un-American to Nazi to baby killer and is only a joke and shouldn't be taken more than that.

If you read too much into most jokes, you can easily get offended and that's why you should just take a joke as a joke.  For instance, I could take [Ah yes, a very educated post from a nice Canadian fellow as aha!  He's being sarcastic!  Canadians aren't smart at all, eh and get totally offended by that if I took thinks too seriously.

That said-- everyone drop it please.

I think you dont get it. And honestly, I would love to report you for this post.

Ever tried to be a bit sensitive to other cultures?

Quick question, what would you do if someone would say: If you dont do X you are a Y (Y being a bad word for a black person, an Indian or whatever else)?

You would be all over it. But Nazi? Oh sure, please go ahead, its just some fucking Germans being insulted.

Your ignorance is really making me sick.

....?

I think both of you have taken this the wrong way.

No, there is no way of taking this wrong.

You dont walk around calling Germans nazis.

If he would do this to my face, he would be in a hospital right now.

This is the worst insult for most Germans.

Whats so wrong in not getting this? I thought Americans are all this effing political correct.

This is just really offensive and the way twesterm handles this is really offensive.

Find the line where I said all germans are nazis.

Find it now.

Seriously it's like I say I don't like Oj and someone flips out saying i'm racist to all black people.

Untouch said:
Faxanadu said:
dtewi said:
Faxanadu said:
twesterm said:
Faxanadu said:
Untouch said:
SMB3

If you don't get it you're a nazi.

Ah yes, a very educated post from a nice canadian fellow.

I think you might be taking a joke out of context or taking it too seriously.  It's a pretty common saying if you don't like x you're a y.  That y ranges from anything from Un-American to Nazi to baby killer and is only a joke and shouldn't be taken more than that.

If you read too much into most jokes, you can easily get offended and that's why you should just take a joke as a joke.  For instance, I could take [Ah yes, a very educated post from a nice Canadian fellow as aha!  He's being sarcastic!  Canadians aren't smart at all, eh and get totally offended by that if I took thinks too seriously.

That said-- everyone drop it please.

I think you dont get it. And honestly, I would love to report you for this post.

Ever tried to be a bit sensitive to other cultures?

Quick question, what would you do if someone would say: If you dont do X you are a Y (Y being a bad word for a black person, an Indian or whatever else)?

You would be all over it. But Nazi? Oh sure, please go ahead, its just some fucking Germans being insulted.

Your ignorance is really making me sick.

....?

I think both of you have taken this the wrong way.

No, there is no way of taking this wrong.

You dont walk around calling Germans nazis.

If he would do this to my face, he would be in a hospital right now.

This is the worst insult for most Germans.

Whats so wrong in not getting this? I thought Americans are all this effing political correct.

This is just really offensive and the way twesterm handles this is really offensive.

Find the line where I said all germans are nazis.

Find it now.

Seriously it's like I say I don't like Oj and someone flips out saying i'm racist to all black people.

I highlighted it for you.

Fun fact 1: KoopaTrooper is German.

Fun fact 2: You told him: if you dont get it, you are a Nazi.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Nazi is a political term not a cultural one and it had members from multiple countries. It is by no means even close to a racial slur.

If you want to be offended by it then by all means it's your right, but lets not pretend the term Nazi means anything more than it really does.

yeah, give the guy a break, i'm sure you've said something along the lines of "that game is gay" in this forum at least once, however, i'm much too lazy to go out and search for something like that; but that could offend someone much moreso than the use of the word nazi to jokingly describe someone who doesn't buy a game. lighten up.