By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Vgchartz should use google wave!

i think this site should make use of google wave, when it is available. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

Around the Network

Looks nice! Can't wait to try that out :P

What a responsive audience, they clapped at the most non events, not like E3 ... anyway I skipped most of that because I can't stand apple reps. Can you give a short description on what wave is?

Seece said:

What a responsive audience, they clapped at the most non events, not like E3 ... anyway I skipped most of that because I can't stand apple reps. Can you give a short description on what wave is?

yeah, wave is email  made today. instead of writing a message and sending it to others, you just create a wave and attach other people. Those other people get the same message and if one edits or posts an item, the rest get to see this. it can be usefull for about everything, for this site we can make a wave where people add themselves. can you go to 12:50 on the vid to see this, it ends at about 14:20

Google Wave will be everywhere

Around the Network

Just to resurrect this thread, I finally got myself to view the video in its entirety, and it looks incredible. For VGC, this could work very well for the messaging or wall-talk. Though I suppose some synching with our VGC accounts would have to happen before we could really use it.

I got a wave account last week. It would be awesome if I could use it to keep tabs on my favorite threads and stuff. But I do have some problems with Wave so far. It's not exactly working as advertised... yet. Hopefully it will in the future.

This is invisible text!

Quick summary for people that don't have an hour+ ?

Wave is email, but with a twist. Instead of individual messages being sent around, each wave simply sits on a server and gets updated in near real-time anyone edits it. Meaning it's a chatroom as well as an email, among other things.

It also supports extensions, so you can do tons of stuff with it... or will, once the extensions are made. Right now it's just... dead. Even my email is livelier (yeay for spam!)

This is invisible text!

Awesome. CAn't wait to get my hands on this.