By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I believe the USED market may hurt the 360 and PS2 come the holidays

JerCotter7 said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 and 360. I don't want them to die, or go anywhere. I just want it to be very clear who is in charge here. As long as Sony and Microsoft are put in their place, everything will be fine. Nintendo has earned their rightful spot as number #1 and I am doing what is in my power to keep them there. That, to me, is more important than some developers for 360 and PS3 getting a few extra copies sold. Maybe if sales for those companies slide enough, they will wise up and side with Nintendo, and develop better games for their system.

What the Hell is this? Why do you let your agenda affect other people's buying decisions?

Because... I want Nintendo to be on top...

You are actually responding to the answer to your question.

Your job as a salesperson is to help the people with what they want, not with what you want them to buy.

ACTUALLY my job as a sales person is to do whatever it takes to manipulate customers into throwing money into GameStop's lap. That is what we are trained to do.

So a large portion of people walk into Gamestop with no intention of buying anything? Believe it or not, stuff would get sold if you worked there or not.

I would actually go to a different store if an employing was trying to persuade me into buying something. I know what I like with electronics so I don't want someone trying to tell me what to buy.

I'm still thinking pool is joking.

Lol, trust me, you wouldn't know I am persuading you.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
angrypoolman said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Wow Angrypoolman, that may just be one of the most immature and fanboyish things I have ever heard.

Do your freakin' job right. You're not paid to have a console allegiance, and your petty efforts don't do a thing to change Nintendo's fortunes. It's just pathetic.

Oh come on Monty, I do my job great. GameStop makes a living off of used sales, so what do I do? I get them some used sales. At the expense of Ps3 and 360 of course, but that is what GameStop wants us to do. I was one of the best workers there because I was the only one with any enthusiasm for sales, whether they be new or used.

And if what I am doing makes no difference, then I don't see why you would care.

Well since Nintendo sells the most software out of the three, you'd actually benefit Gamestop the most by selling used games for Nintendo systems.

And I care because what you're doing is one of the dumbest, pathetic, and most fanboyish things I've ever heard.

You can make this statement all you want, but I am not going to take it seriously until you actually state why it's dumb or pathetic. Those are just buzzwords to get your followers wriled up.

Hmm, you responded to that part instead of the part where I turned your entire argument upside down. Guess you show more allegiance to a company that only really cares about your money than a company that pays and employs you. And I don't really have any "followers," there are just several people in agreement that what you're doing is incredibly fanboyish. It's one thing to have a console allegiance, but actually taking that allegiance into your job and actively trying to hurt the companies you don't like is incredibly petty.

Although, given some of the things you've posted in the past, none of this should surprise me.

Ok, sorry, you are right. I completely ignored the first part.

If all I were concerned with was benefitting GameStop, then I would sell ALL games used. I choose to help Nintendo because they're the best. Plain and simple. You, in no way, turned my argument upside down. I will proudly state that I care more about a company that supplies me with quality video games rather than a company that just happened to employ me during my young adult years.

So basically, you don't do what's best for Gamestop, just what's best for Nintendo.

I won't even bother arguing against you anywhere. It's just too much fail for me to deal with anymore.

Didn't mean to scare you away Monty (am I allowed to call you that?), but yes, I am largely concerned with helping Nintendo. But I help GameStop too.. so I don't know what you're trying to say.

angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:
Hey, don't get me wrong, I love the PS3 and 360. I don't want them to die, or go anywhere. I just want it to be very clear who is in charge here. As long as Sony and Microsoft are put in their place, everything will be fine. Nintendo has earned their rightful spot as number #1 and I am doing what is in my power to keep them there. That, to me, is more important than some developers for 360 and PS3 getting a few extra copies sold. Maybe if sales for those companies slide enough, they will wise up and side with Nintendo, and develop better games for their system.

What the Hell is this? Why do you let your agenda affect other people's buying decisions?

Your job as a salesperson is to help the people with what they want, not with what you want them to buy.

ACTUALLY my job as a sales person is to do whatever it takes to manipulate customers into throwing money into GameStop's lap. That is what we are trained to do.

So a large portion of people walk into Gamestop with no intention of buying anything? Believe it or not, stuff would get sold if you worked there or not.

I would actually go to a different store if an employing was trying to persuade me into buying something. I know what I like with electronics so I don't want someone trying to tell me what to buy.

Usually any sales person coming talking to me I tell get lost. Electronics is the one area I hate people even telling me what specs something has or which is better. I do a lot of research before buying something so if any sales rep even talks to me and mentions something else I would tell them get lost.

I think it's time you admit to everyone it was a joke?

steverhcp02 said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:

The irony is, of all the consoles, the most likely demographic to enter a gemstop and seek sales advice on what to buy are nintendo owners, and hes directing them to new games which dont benefit Gamestops bottom line, so hes actually probably the worst employee.....id venture to say 95% of 360 or PS3 owners going ot buy a game know what theyr ebuying, dont want to be sold to and would tell this guy to fuck off if he persisted or at least i would.

So the largest chance of someone actually using a gamestop employees advice would probably be a casual DS or Wii owner, and this guy is probably the best stupidest employee gamestop has on its roster.

Uhh.. what you are saying really doesn't make a difference. If somebody brings up a new copy of Grand Theft Auto 4 (which doesn't need the fucking sales), I will inform them that we have a used copy for cheaper. Then, BAM, they say yes. I reassure them that they are making the right choice by showing them what the disc looks like and making sure they are satisfied with their purchase. Not to mention you can bring it back in seven days if you want.

JerCotter7 said:
angrypoolman said:
JerCotter7 said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
themanwithnoname said:
angrypoolman said:
Khuutra said:
angrypoolman said:

Usually any sales person coming talking to me I tell get lost. Electronics is the one area I hate people even telling me what specs something has or which is better. I do a lot of research before buying something so if any sales rep even talks to me and mentions something else I would tell them get lost.

I think it's time you admit to everyone it was a joke?

It's not a joke, k?

So you are telling me if you brought up a game, and I informed you we had it used, you would tell me to get lost and go buy somewhere else? I've dealt with your kind before, it's not fun.

Around the Network

Man Poolman, you are so freakin' oblivious to the point several people are making. It's painful.

There are a lot of "salesmen" on this site.

I see nothing wrong with what angry is doing purely because i have seen tonnes of other fanboys on here reccomend a ps3 or 360 (in those suspect "what console should i buy" threads) based on their loyalty towards that console.

Hell, if Sega still made Hardware and there was Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony in this business i too would only reccomend buying Sega & Nintendo games or consoles new.

I have never bought a Sony console new and i never will (only second hand ones)

But every Nintendo or Sega console i have owned i paid the full R.R.P. for them

MontanaHatchet said:
Man Poolman, you are so freakin' oblivious to the point several people are making. It's painful.

What?

Ronster316 said:
There are a lot of "salesmen" on this site.

I see nothing wrong with what angry is doing purely because i have seen tonnes of other fanboys on here reccomend a ps3 or 360 (in those suspect "what console should i buy" threads) based on their loyalty towards that console.

Hell, if Sega still made Hardware and there was Sega, Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony in this business i too would only reccomend buying Sega & Nintendo games or consoles new.

I have never bought a Sony console new and i never will (only second hand ones)

But every Nintendo or Sega console i have owned i paid the full R.R.P. for them

Thank you. Finally somebody who isn't going to act like they're better than me and judge me.

Actually I wouldn't tell you get lost. I would just walk straight out of the shop.